Friday 11 June 2021

THIRTY PLUS Ep 11

Episode 11.



"We will be expecting you, okay, see you soon" my mother ended the call and immediately  faced me to share the news of Emma's arrival. 


"I know he is back mummy, please spare me Emma's matter." I said with my eye brow raised. I didn't want her to continue talking. 


My sister had been called back at her work place, after investigating the incidence with her boss. Kingsley was dismissed for extortion and other misconduct, while my sister's immediate boss, who couldn't do much  again because of his health, was forced to retire.


I was angrily walking to my room when I heard knocks on the door. I knew I wasnt expecting anyone, so I peeped through the window, but couldn't see the face clearly.


I opened the door and I couldn't believe whom  my eyes saw.


"Jude, you didn't tell me you were coming" I said surprised.


"Guess you are not happy to see me, I can just go back" Jude said with a serious tone.


Ever since I've been friends with Jude, he has never visited my house. I've always avoided letting him know my house, so i always alight a few junctions before my actual stop.


"Not that, I was just surprised. Come in please" I could hear my mom asking who was at the door, since she noticed I was just  standing there. 


"Good afternoon ma" he greeted prostrating. 


"Good afternoon" my mother replied with a fake smile. You could easily tell if my mom is faking a smile. 


"Ehn, won't you serve your visitor something?" My mom said facing me


"What will you like to take?" She further asked Jude but he said he was fine and if he needed anything, he would let us know.


"Excuse me, I will join you shortly" my mother went to my father's room and that was when I had the opportunity to ask Jude how he got my house address and why  he came.


"One of the evenings after I dropped you at the regular spot,  I zoomed off to make sure you don't see me and  made a U-turn instead. I parked the car a few poles away and followed the turnings and directions you took. The moment I spotted the compound you entered,I quickly turned back" He explained ,but I was thinking within me why he would want to know my place.


"I'm kind of free this weekend, so I decided to visit some family members and friends,  but it won't be complete if I don't extend my visit to you" he concluded.


Ever since I've been moving with Jude, I haven't been answering Segun's call. I just didn't want to have  anything to do with him in anyway. After all, what's the relationship between darkness and light. On many occasion that God dropped his name in my heart to pray for him, I just rush the prayers and move to other serious person.


"Good afternoon sir" Jude prostrated again, as he saw my father walk down from his room to the living room where we were both seated. 


"Good afternoon, welcome" my father and his few words. I didn't know what my mother could have said to him in the room but I was waiting to see the reaction on their faces. 


"Gloria, please come and assist me here in the kitchen" my mother called out to me. I knew that assisting would lead to further questioning.


My father and Jude were left in the living room and I went with mum to the kitchen.


"So who is that young man o?" My mother asked to clear her curiosity and I told her he is a colleague at work. A Christian brother as well who is smart, caring and all. 


"Why didn't you mention him all this while?" My mother and her inquisitive nature. 


I didn't mention anything to them at home, because we were only friends and nothing more."


My mother was cutting the vegetables while I was rinsing the rice on fire and talking simultaneously. 


"But where do you want to put Emma?" My mother asked and I almost lost it because I do not see Emma as someone I can settle with. We haven't even seen for almost 7 years now.


"Dear... dear... please come" I heard my father's voice from the living room.


My mother and I dropped all we were doing and rushed down to the living room.


20 DAYS TO GO FOR SISTER DABIRA PART 2



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...