Sunday 6 June 2021

THIRTY PLUS Ep 6


Story by O'nezer 



Episode 6


"Firstly, I am sorry I got you all worried, that was not my intention. You know I will never do anything to hurt any of you, I just needed some time off." Grace started.


"I have been trying my best to stay sane at my work place. These past few weeks have been turbulent for me. My immediate boss has been giving me issues. There is nothing I do that pleases him." she said.


"There is no issue too big for God to solve" my mother interrupted.


"But we have to know how big or small this issue is na" I tried to calm mom down, so that my sister can at least finish with whatever she has to say.


"This my boss Mr. Frank, is a divorcee. Based on side talks here and there, we heard he is  always aggressive with his wife and beats her at every little misunderstanding. In spite of the beatings and injuries, she is still with him because of their 2 kids." my sister added. 


"What kind of man beats his wife at every little argument?" My mother said.


"I wonder" I added as I watched my father listen keenly to all my sister was saying. 


"This man is an extremist and a perfectionist as well. He switches his mood at the snap of fingers. He can play with you to the extreme today and next day, fight with everyone, without sparing anyone. All these wouldn't have been a big deal till he started making advances at me." my sister said with disgust. 


"He thought me to be one of those loose girls around. Every time I turned him down, he added more to my work. He began to give me menial tasks. It got worse that he started asking me to go pay for the prepaid meter" 


"What? Prepaid meter? Is that part of your job description?  Can't you report him to the management team?" I didn't know when I angrily interrupted her. 


"Reporting wasn't going to help, because he has connections with the management. Basically, it's my work stressing me the most. Other things are minor" my sister concluded. 


"But at least, you should have carried us along so we can know when to intensify our prayers or where to apply wisdom" my father said and that's the first thing he said since the start of the discussion.


Now that we are sure Grace is fine and will be going back to work in a few days, my parent showed her love and care enough to last her for the few days she will be away. 



Morning came so fast and the day's activities went on as usual. I got home a little late, thanks to the traffic. My parents were already asleep, while my younger sister was in the living room glued to her phone. I entered into the living room and we exchanged pleasantries. From there, we went on discussing one thing to another, that i even forgot that i was  hungry from work.


"Sister, mummy reported you to me o" my sister said . I was surprised, wondering what i did wrong.


"What did she say I did o?" I quickly asked so as to clear my curiosity. 


"It's about you not bringing a man home and how she told you that she wants you to marry Emma and you refused" my sister said.


"Oh! not again. why is mummy behaving like this. What is it about this Emma? "What is so special about him? I blurted.


25 DAYS TO GO FOR SISTER DABIRA



1 comment:

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...