Saturday 5 June 2021

THIRTY PLUS Ep 5


Story by O'nezer 



Episode 5


"Good morning Miss Gloria" the HR greeted me and handed me two envelopes. "The brown is yours and the white is for your team lead" he said.


I was curious to know the content of the letter. I couldn't think of any reason I should get a letter at this time. My overthinking nature got the better of me and I began to think of all my possible wrongs.


"Is it because I didnt close the door very well?"


"Or because I said morning only, instead of good morning to the team lead yesterday?" 


"could it be that the aroma of my food disgust my colleagues and they reported me?" 


"Miss Gloria, are you here?" the team lead called my attention back to reality. 


"Yes sir, I am with you sir" I quickly said.


"Congratulations" he added. 


"Congratulations? For what sir" I tried to wrap my head around what was going on. He asked me to open my letter and also sign on a transfer form on his table. 


I have been transferred to the Advertising department as the team lead.


I was really happy because I didn't see it coming at all. The advertising department is one of my favorite departments, so being transferred there is good news for me.The advertising department is on the second floor, while the news room is on the first floor. Although, within the same compound, staffs do not get to see often, so we don't know everyone.


"Hello Gloria, I found your sister already. We are both coming home, see you soon" a text message popped on my phone screen from my mother. 


It was a great relief for me to know that my sister is back and safe. Still, i'ld love to hear the full story behind her sudden disappearance.


I couldn't wait to get home to share the good news and testimony with my parents. The activities of the day came to an end and I dashed out of the office with much joy.


I flagged down a cab and sat on the front seat beside the driver, vibing to the cool music coming from the care stereo. I alighted few junctions to my house to purchase some fruits because I didn't want to go home empty-handed.


"Why did you get us worried now? I asked concerned.


"I've had a lot going on with me lately and I needed my sanity back, so I requested for a week leave at work." My sister said.  I would say that's the first time I'ld see my sister look that worried. 


I needed more detail. I mean, she has to give us a convincing explanation for her actions, but i need to settle down first.


"Let me freshen up, I will join you shortly" I said as I walked towards my room.


"You may likely join us at the dining when you get back" mom added. 


We have never really been a fan of late night dinner. Once it's 7pm, we were all expected to have eaten. Although, there are nights when I will crave for something to munch.


I quickly had a shower, then changed into one of my home wears. Hair bonnet over a big polo and short has always been my comfortable home style.


While I was in the shower, dad got back from work, already seated at the dining with my mother and sister. 


"Welcome dad" I greeted. He pointed at the dining chair, asking me to seat for dinner.


Mom already made us poundo yam with well garnished vegetables. The aroma of the food is enough to fill ones tummy. 


"You really got us worried darling, what exactly happened?" My father asked in a Concerned tone, as he popped the question after dinner. 


"So you were that worried and you didn't even act it" my mother interrupted.


"Baby girl, we are all ears" I said.


"Okay, fine... fine..." my sister said as she adjusted herself.

26 DAYS TO GO FOR SISTER DABIRA PART 2




1 comment:

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...