Wednesday 2 June 2021

THIRTY PLUS Ep 2

Story by O'nezer 


Episode 2



I paused for a while, hesitant to answer the call. 


"Won't you pick your call? or you're still doing shakara?" my mother said as she walked passed me into the kitchen.


"Ahan ah" i sighed with my eye brow raised. 


My mom can be a pain in one's ass. Sometimes, I think she's just all out to get me. To be honest,  I kind of understand how she feels. Being a first child and unmarried at 31 is not such a pleasant thing for her. I mean at 57, her mates are already grandmothers. 


I made to pick the call, but it stopped ringing. I poured myself a glass of water and headed for my room. I needed sometime to myself, away from the drama.


My phone rang again, i checked and it's still a private number. After a while, I summoned  courage and answered the call. I stayed still, waiting for the caller to talk first. I needed to be sure I was on to the right person. 


"Hello baby" The caller said. 


I was surprised at the mention of the word baby. Last i remember, I was not in a relationship with anyone.


"Please who am I on to?" I replied.


"It's me Segun, the cute Segun now" The caller replied. 


I paused for a while and tried to do a mental calculation of which Segun it is, then I remembered.


Segun and I met about 2 weeks ago at a colleague's birthday celebration. I guess he is  a friend of the celebrant. He made advances at me, asking that we date and also requested for my phone number, which I declined. 


There was something about him, that I wasn't just cool and comfortable with. His looks, manner of speech did not portray responsibility nor godliness. But how  did he get my contact?


"O...kay. But how did you get my contact?" I asked, wanting to feed my curiosity.


"Baby, let's forget that. See ehn I love you, and I really want us to be together. Let's hang out this weekend now. I will really take care of you" He replied.


"See Segun, i already told you the first day that I am not interested in a relationship with you. We can't be together, and please stop calling me baby,the last time I checked, my name still remains Gloria." I said.


"Why now, don't be too hard girl. You have nothing to worry about. I'm a complete gentleman and I'll treat you well." He said with confidence. 


"You know what, i think you should give your life to Christ. Have a relationship with Jesus first, before trying to have a relationship with me. God wants your heart. He loves you even more than the love I can give to you. And..."


I was on with the salvation message, till it occurred to me that he had long ended the call. 


"Wow! so this guy ended the call already. It seems the salvation message made him  uncomfortable. Well, i pray God meets with him and save his soul."


It's been a long day. From the stressful activities at work and back  home to mum's drama. It has been my prayer that God meets with my parents, especially my  mother, so she can understand that God rules in the affairs of men and all good and perfect gift comes from Him. 


I was beginning to feel drowsy,  but I needed to have my devotion. I didn't want to give in to the tiredness in my body. I had determined that no matter how tired I was, i would always spend time with God everyday. 


I sat at my reading table so I won't be too comfortable and sleep off. I started off with praises, then worship, i read a little of the word then continued praying. I didn't know when I slept off at the table.


The tap from my mother was what woke me up sometime around 2am, telling me to go to bed. My mother has an habit of checking up on everyone in the middle of the night . This is one of the things I love about my  mum, she can be so thoughtful and caring to a fault. I staggered to the bed and off I slept. 


"Grin..., grin..." The sound of my alarm was what woke me the following morning. I have my alarm set at 5am every day, so i can have enough time to prepare for the day and get to work in good time.


I stood up, had my devotion and began  preparations for the day. I was about to step out of the house, when I got a text on my phone.

29 DAYS TO GO FOR SISTER DABIRA PART 2



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...