Saturday 10 June 2017

ADEBIMPE episode 6

Adebimpe by O'nezer

Episode 6


"I'm only bothered about one thing" Bimpe said as she stared into the ceiling above, but before she could continue with her thoughts, the door knob turned allowing a view of a furious Segun and a crying Bola
"Why did come here? Not tonight" Bimpe's heart felt bitter.

For the first time in Bimpe's life, she watched her dad and mom dishing out advice to her "so they could be this concerned?" she wondered in disbelief.

When her parents left the room that night, she couldn't help but smile as she recalled each word from both parents. She ruminated on that till sleep kissed her eyes away.

Bimpe woke up the next day feeling tired and nauseous. She had been having that feeling for a week and she understood what was coming
"I'm really bothered about this thing and how to get rid of it on time before mummy finds out" she bit her lip.

This wasn't her first pregnancy. She had been pregnant twice before and had successfully had a D and C, but now she was under her parents which made it almost impossible to try out and worse still, to keep the baby.

"I need to buy some books to keep me company while I'm at home" Bimpe finally summon the courage to tell her dad two days after.

"Take this" Segun gave Bimpe some sum "buy your books and buy yourself any other thing you might need" Bimpe was really happy
"Thank you daddy" she exclaimed like a little baby.

Bimpe waited patiently for her mum to go out. She finally heaved a deep sigh when her mum finally said "goodbye"

"At last!" Bimpe jumped off the chair she was sitting. She set out to get rid of her third pregnancy of which she wasn't sure who was responsible.
"It could have been my Form Master or even our Agric Teacher or one of those boys at the club. I'm not even sure" she grinned as the taxi dropped her at the gate of her house.

The abortion seems successful, but she was bleeding "it's not your first time but you have to be nice with me this time around" Bimpe pleaded as she touched her hurting stomach.

"What is wrong with you Bimpe?" Segun came home earlier than usual.

"I'm having my monthly flow and it seem to be really disturbing this time around" Bimpe lied.

Segun quickly called Bola to leave the shop and come home "you are in a better position to help Bimpe. I don't even know what to do"

Bola came home a hour later. She saw how pale and weak Bimpe was "are you sure it's just menstrual cramps?" she said has she worked her hands through Bimpe's body.

"I think we need to take her to the hospital" Bola called out to Segun in the living room
"There's no need for that!" Bimpe quickly sat up in bed "I'll be fine in no time" she smiled. But the pain she was going through was written all over her
"You're in pains" both parents cried out.

Bimpe tried to stand, but she felt giddy and passed out. She was rushed to the hospital and Bola couldn't sit a minute. She was pacing through the hall way.

"Mr. Segun  see me in my office please" the Doctor said. Bola rushed to hear the report too.

"He said only me" Segun pushed Bola as Bola insisted on going in with him.

"Your daughter had done some abortions before now and she just did one today which is complicated..."
"No it can't be" Segun cut in.

"But that's what I was made to understand when I examined her"

"My God!!! I can't believe this." Segun said almost in tears.

"The Doctor that did  this must have been a really quack Doctor. We did an ultrasound on her and the baby is still intact. It seems he was pulling her womb while trying to get hold of it thinking it's the foetus" the Doctor explained to the now heavy hearted Segun.

"But we have a little problem and I don't know how you will be able to take it... "

What next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...