Friday 15 May 2020

FOLA Episode 1

FOLA

Episode 1

"Where is this useless woman? I have been shouting here since and she is not responding"

Dad walked angrily that morning around the house looking for my mom but he couldn't find her.

"Becky... Becky" father turned to me and asked if I knew my mother's whereabouts but I couldn't answer. The last memory of her I have in my mind was when she entered the kitchen.

Suddenly the door leading to the backyard was opened and thank goodness, mother was back but before she could open her mouth to say anything, a thunder-like slap landed on mother's face. 

I didn't know when I started crying that morning. Did I tell you it was a Sunday morning and my dad was a worker in church?

Oh, chill, dad is the assistant Pastor of our parish and he has been the assistant since he and mom relocated to this new city shortly after their wedding.

"Brother Olarewaju, we have found you worthy and trusted enough to stand in the gap as the new assistant to the regional pastor of this parish" 

That morning, dad was supposed to be in church as early as 7:30am being a worker and a prominent member of the parish but we had no clue that mom not being in the house was because she noticed that my dad won't eat his yam with oil and the create of egg that we normally buy had been exhausted some days before that Sunday but this had skip mom's mind.

Mom wasn't chanced to explain before dad slapped her but this is not the first time dad will beat mommy up which was beginning to create a personal dislike in me for my dad.

I was six, I was freaking out and getting super aggressive and anything could make me go cold on anyone and any time.

"You know I have to be in the church that early and you were roaming all around. You don't know how long I've been shouting your name but you are nowhere to be found"

Father picked up his car key and he looked at the big round shape wall clock which says 7:35am already. Our house is about 15 to 20 minutes away from church by car but shorter when it's by a bike. 

I have seen days where I trekked with my mother to the church whenever dad refused to wait for us or come back to pick us.

Mother couldn't drive because of her fear of accident or running into all these uncultured bike men that can always make way even on the throat of rats.

It's looking like history is going to repeat itself that morning. 

"Baby girl, don't mind whatever you see okay? I have to stay here for you and..." I didn't know when I interrupted with the highest volume and the last strength in me "and mom, how long will this continue? When mom?"

Mom was speechless for a few seconds and she assured me again that it's a phase that will soon pass but I can't wait for that phase to really pass because I haven't really pictured a time that my mother was really happy.

"Proverb 14:1 The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish pulls it down with her hands" is my mother favourite bible verse whenever she want me to feel good about seeing how my father used to beat her every time on silly things 

Mother finished up what she was cooking and then quickly took me to the bathroom to have my shower. Immediately she was done with me, she quickly showered too and we were set for church.

"Oh, today is first Sunday, Thanksgiving Sunday"

Every first Sunday of the month was our Thanksgiving Sunday and service that was supposed to start by 9:00am always starts as early as 8:30am because every other local parish around will come around and the activities for that Sunday are always long.

We've seen Sunday that we will not close till 2:00pm. It was from one praise service to another and the excitement over everyone's face was always unexplainable.

We left the house at exactly 8:30am and I was sure that we were taking a bike that morning, we won't miss much before getting to church.

What left mom startled, I really don't know but immediately we dropped from the bike, mom noticed people outside and it was not looking like anything was going on in the church.

Mom walked slowly to the light-skinned usher at the entrance to confirm what might be going.

The little me assumed that people are outside because the church is filled to the brim already since we left home a bit late. Although the church is a big auditorium that can take about 1,000 participants conveniently. 

"Hello sister, what's really going on?

Next Episode Drops here tomorrow night. Watch out for Episode 2!

9 comments:

  1. Intresting, but why is it dat some men are not tolerant enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we are all wired differently, only God can help

      Delete
  2. I like the suspense. Can't wait to find what happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading, the next episode is out already

      Delete
  3. Ok oh let see how is goes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just reading this now and I must say I've missed a lot for not reading earlier.... Season 1 episode 2 about to be read

    ReplyDelete

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...