Monday 23 January 2023

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8




Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head.

"Could it be that he lost his brother?"

"Could it be that something else happened to his family? 

"Is there any exciting moment in this guy life"

I was just having so much to process in my head that only patience could allow me find answers.

"My brother passed out as usual but this time around, he was rushed to our family hospital in town. He was admitted and was given some pain killer, by their calculation, he was suppose to have been up 3 hours earlier but he wasn't waking up. My mother had become something else, she was running barefooted from one angle of the hospital to another",

"The doctor said they should still wait a little and see if anything will happen. He encouraged us to stay positive. I was just around 6 years and my brother Adewale was 10 years when this incident happened. My father too was driving from one chemist to pharmacy to get the prescribed drugs."

"God please" I didn't know when I shouted again because I can't imagine all they have been through.

"He finally woke up, he was discharged to go home after a week in the hospital. My parent had no option than to sell 2 of their cars out of the 3 we had. The expenses of keeping a sick child became so much burden for them",

"On one of the afternoons, my grandma, that's my father's mother, she came around from Offa where she is based and insisted we stop wasting  money on the medicals and doctors fee. She advised my dad to make do with them and try out the herbal methods"

"In as much my parents weren't deeply rooted in Christ, they gave in to advise and so long the cost will be lesser on them, they wanted a solution so badly",

"My grandma introduced them to Baba Kiwi, one of the renowned, tested and trusted herbalist in Offa, he did his running and incarnation",

"They finally returned back to Ilorin, thank goodness that school was also on break. It was easier for me to witness some of the struggles. I've seen nights that my brother will cry himself to bed asking 'why me' questions. Our parent, most especially my mother would hide her tears and cover it with an apology amidst smile so as to keep my brother going",

"The herbal remedy worked a little while and our visit to doctor wasn't as frequent as it was in the past but there were lot of drugs my parents had to get to keep my brother alive as well",

"This is how my brother's health is   maintained since he was a child till now. He was able to attend secondary, his crisis wasn't as much as we were in primary school. He also finished as overall best student with many awards while leaving secondary school. He made all his papers at one and the State Government sponsored all his education from that time onward",

"At least amidst the pain, there was still something to hold on to as compensation. Looking back now, there were lots of ups and downs but then, through it all, God has been faithful"

"You really went through a lot. You are strong person" I said.

"I know there is still more to share and talk about but.." he checked his time

"It's past 8 already and we should round off for tonight so that you  won't get home too late" he concluded

"I'm still trying to process all you went through. If only your siblings’ story is this much, I wonder what you have to say about your parent" I said out of pity

"When next we see, I will talk about them, but for tonight, let's leave it at this",

"One more thing, how are you finding this relationship with God?" He added

"I can't say much yet but I know it feels different now knowing fully well that choosing to follow him and having a closer relationship with him isn't a bad choice either" with smile on his face, he congratulated me once again.

My phone started ringing and I checked the number it wasn't a familiar one.

"Hello, where are you?" The voice isn't familiar.

"Hello, sorry who am I on to?" I needed to ask if it wasn't a mix up but the network went off and the call got disconnected.

"Thanks so much for your time today, I hope we will see soon again" Lakunle asked.

"By the way, have you concluded on what you want to do next?" He added.

"That's true, I haven't concluded yet but I trust the process. Everything will fall in place" I encouraged myself as we finished  up our drinks.

We  bade each others goodnight as I drove on. The person that called earlier was calling again but it's not in my nature to drive and take calls at the same time unless it's an  emergency.

"Hello, I have been calling you since" the caller shouted.

"Hello, I'm sorry. I'm driving but who am I speaking with?" I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...