Saturday 23 June 2018

THE BEANS IN OUR RICE


A short poem as inspired by Shalom.

Let me take you back to one of these night
When all eyes are dimly tight
Expecting someone to stop the fight
That our tommy has roughly ignite

Everyone waiting for  small mummy
To come and make the food, ever yummy
As to quench our hungry tommy
That has been making noise, so angry.

Finally, she's back from the market
Carrying every ingredients in her big basket.
We all can't wait to have a look.
Or have a taste of what she wanna cook.

That night, if you perceive the food's aroma
I was forced to walk to the kitchen to say well-done ma
The aroma has been carried around by this evening breeze
That is making even our neighbors to sneeze.

Let me cut the long story short
I took first round and ended up carrying the pot
Even till now, I am still wondering why?
If it was Shalom or angel from above that cook the rice.

O'nezer
23-06-2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...