Tuesday 19 May 2020

FOLA Episode 5

Episode 5

"Brother Teju" someone screamed his name in order to caution him but the head that will be knocked will surely be knocked regardless of how many head gears he is putting on

Brother Teju is one of the pastors mentee and he is fondly called "pastor's son" but with that, everyone wasn't sure anyone would make any bold move seeing what has happened since.

"Can we all follow you to where you want to bury our father at least?" I can hear his shaky voice when he was asking that but his question gave other people the confidence to talk.

Others started shouting and screaming, making move to proof that they cant take our daddy pastor away just like that.

All our shout and noise was to no avail as the alawo guys drop the pastors coffin inside a space bus they came with and drove off.

My mom didn't waste time again. She moved as fast as her legs can take her, she flagged down a bike and we got home few minutes past 3 that day.

Oh reception? I am not sure anyone in his or her right senses will want to go there with all the drama that happened. We later heard that the wife and the children were taken to the mission house and didnt allow them go to the house their father built in the centre of the city.

The drama of our Pastor's burial and death ended shortly and the church never remained the same as members are now leaving. Some of the small parish around stopped gathering to worship.

The big auditorium has now lost her beauty with the large congregation that worship there every Sunday. This burden is overwhelming and my father has no option than to be acting the pastor till the church board and committee finish the fast and prayer retreat for the selection of the new church pastor.

My guesses are as good as yours that my father will become the next pastor right?

Days rolling into weeks and weeks into month. My dad hasnt really change from his usual angry and aggressive man. On many occasion, he will abuse my mom and beat her up but come back to apologise.

"You have always known me to be like this Becky, I can't control my temper and you shouldn't be getting on my nerves" and many more were the words my dad said to mom after one of their hot fight. 

One of their fight happened one evening where we had an unexpected guest and the fish left in the stew cant go round. The guest insisted that they will only take drinks and go back but my mom wanted to be the good woman that she was, she boiled rice and served the guest with the remaining fish In the stew with the believe that when they are gone, she will sort out what dad and everyone left will eat.

"Just kill me today and I will be free from your beating, kill me...." I heard my mothers voice so loud and strong as she was holding my dad's shirt after daddy beating her up for serving the last fish to the guest rather than letting them drink and go.

Four years later, my 10th birthday was in a week time and I couldn't hide my excitement that finally I'm getting old and feeling entitled to some treatment in the house.

My birthday always falls into the 3rd term break in August and one of my excitement is that I will finally be resuming to Junior secondary school by September that year.

I am not really a fan of boarding school because there is a girl in our Sunday school class in church that is always talking about how she's not eating well and how senior always treat them in the boarding house. This has given me a partial fear and I'm not interested in it.

I was too young to make decisions for my parent but I know that what ever their choice is, I wish the beating and drama can be done or I move to a sane place where I dont have to watch fight almost everyday. 

Finally, my birthday is here and the feelings of being 10 cant be explained.  Children from our church came around and a few from the neighbourhood. 

We ate, danced and play till almost late in the noon. 

"Thank you for coming out to grace this birthday party, we pray the good Lord of heaven bless you and all yours" my dad said while holding a glass of juice in his hands. 

The party was over and everyone to their apartment, some sisters that came around to assist mom packed the plates and clear everything around to keep the everywhere in order. 

"Becky, you have to stand on your toes and show that your husband that you get craze too" Aunty Bimpe advised my mother one afternoon. 

Aunty Bimpe is my mom's close friend eventhough she is yet to be married after she hasn't been disappointed severally by men in time past. 

As good or bad this advises sound but the court was in my mothers ball to whether stand or calm down to watch how things unfold.

Towards the end of the year, I came back from school one afternoon and I found daddy home and that's unusual cause he is always getting back home late.

He goes from work to church before coming home but that day was totally different. I greeted my dad but before I could drop my bag, I saw mom too coming from the door. 

 "I have something to tell you, so listen and listen good sir"

Obviously they've had another fight before I got back home but is my mom trying to follow the advice of her friend now or what.

"Yes, say whatever you want to say, I hope it's not something that will warrant another beating?"

What is she about to say? Find out in the next episode

6 comments:

  1. ����.
    Hope it's not what I'm thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really inspiring
    Pls how can one share on WhatsApp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can either copy the link and send them or check Facebook @Osunniran Ebenezer, then copy and paste from there too

      Delete

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...