Monday 10 February 2020

SLEEVELESS Episode 10 (Finale)


"Good evening, sir, ma, I hope we haven't kept you waiting too long?" Tina's dad had asked while the Tomori's replied together with "not at all".

Everyone had taken their seat and as they were about talking, Tina's mom cut in with the big question.

"Are you not Yinka Tomori, the busy manager?"

"Yes I am Yinka Tomori but I cannot connect with the busy manager" Bamidele asked and everyone looked so lost.

"There was a time, many years back. Let's say... about... ehen yes, 32 years ago and this boy was about 3 or 4 then. You worked as the manager of the then Cooperative organisation" she narrated and explained further facing her husband Mr Oke.

"Dear, you remember that Daycare Creche something I told you that my mother left for us?" She reminded her husband and he responded affirming to this.

"Then, this Mr Tomori will always bring this boy down to the creche due to his busy schedule and how the wife will always be away for a whole week till weekend due to her work nature" she explained and everyone looked shocked and surprised at the same time.

"There was a Friday like that when he came late, every parent had come to pick their kids except the busy Tomori who came late had been a tradition for him. He got in late that night but I had quickly gone to the market to get a few foodstuffs leaving the kids with the other nanny. He came late and I met him harassing the nanny to the extent of almost getting the young lady naked" everyone exclaimed as they heard this and shame was all written over  Mr Tomoris face.

"After that day, he stopped bringing his son since we threatened to make it a police case and since that time, we couldn't get to meet again till the day Tina brought him home and I felt this rejection within that I can't let my daughter marry a son like this" she hadn't landed when Bamidele's mom cut in and almost made scene out of everything.

"Well, that's bygone and I am sure my husband is sorry about that but I can't also support my son marrying a baby mama, only God know how many men has slept with her"

"Mom, mom just stop it. We don't need all of this right now, let the family gets to meet each other and let's live happily" Bamidele had said but before he could finish saying all that, Tina had rushed out of the eatery towards the car park with tear drop in her eyes.

As the parent were resolving the issues inside, Bamidele had followed Tina out to plead and bring her in. He was able to bring her in and found out that the fight inside had been resolved.

"I'm sorry that I have to ruin the beautiful evening with my past mess, I didn't count it to back then a big deal. So find in your hearts all to forgive me" Mr Tomori apologized and everyone else also did.

The meeting ended with so much joy and merriment that night. Everyone to their respective homes

A month later, Bamidele and Justina got married and the occasions was graced with so many great personalities from everywhere. It was glorious and they live happy ever after, taking in Princess as their daughter.

5 years down the lane...

"Princess... Princess, where is this girl? Tina has said.

Princess tried hiding the journal in her hands

"What are you doing with my journal? Tina had said.

"I read about your love story about you and dad, when do you intend publishing it as book mom" Princess asked.

"Don't ever search through mom's journal again. it's personal" Tina has said but before she concluded, Bamidele cuts in.

"What's personal there? Wait oh, you should publish this story and let everyone know that true love still finds people and accept them for who they are?

"What then shall we title it ooh baba" Tina asked jokingly but the surprise answer came from Princess

"Sleeveless? What do you mean sleeveless? Tina asked hurriedly.

"In the world's cold hands with no sleeves up your hands and hope seem to end, Christ would always make a difference"

The cry from baby Jones came out loud of the room and they all rushed down there.

The END

Thanks for reading through, kindly drop your comments and lesson learnt.

5 comments:

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...