Saturday 1 February 2020

SLEEVELESS Episode 1


"Father Lord, I commit Bamidele's life to your able hands, let him bring me home his wife as I'm growing old and those that are not even up to me are been called grandma, grandma..." Mama Bamidele was praying that morning before she was interrupted by her husband.

"In Jesus name we pray... It is few minutes past 3:00 am and you haven't slept since. If it is about Bamidele, when the time is right, he will bring someone" Baba Bamidele said calmly.

Mr and Mrs Tomori, the couple whose marriage was worth emulating celebrated their 37th wedding anniversary with their two children 2 weeks back. Bamidele Tomori and Bukola Tomori had been the blessing over their marriage.

Bamidele Tomori, a tall dark and handsome guy with pink lips that attracts every lady. He had built up himself so much that every shirt and suit he puts on always fits him like he was made for the cloth or rather, the clothes was made for him. He always had his nice hair on low cut and well carved beards.

Bamidele who was now 36 and still single was the Managing Director of a renowned Company in the state and he assumed the position ever since he returned from Canada about 3 years ago.

On the other hand, Bukola his sister who is an extreme extrovert, slim and curvy with her afro parked hair was also a senior staff in a Multimedia company in the state. Even though the age gap between them was not too much as she just clocked 32 some months ago.

The song of "when will I have my own grand child" had been on repeat on Mrs Tomori's lips so much that everyone was tired of hearing that.

One of the nights, Mrs Tomori put a call through to Bamidele and the call almost ended with a big fight.

"Hello, are you listening to me?" Mrs Bamidele asked as she paced up and down in her room.

"Mom, I can hear you and please make the call snappy because I had a long tiring day at work" Bamidele said calmly.

"Bamidele, Bamidele, Bamidele! How many times did I call you? See, omo mi (my child) your dad and I are not getting any younger, when do you want to introduce us to your fiance? She asked with a sad face but the reply she got that night almost gave her a sleepless night

"See mommy, I've had enough of all this bring your fiance home, I want to have my grand child. Mom, I wont deceive you, most of those girls around only want my money and I haven't seen any one I love. I'm sorry mom, let this be the last time you will disturb me over this matter, you are not letting me concentrate, goodnight mom" he ended the call as tears almost strolled down Mrs Tomori's face.

Weekend came faster than the usual that week and it was Friday hangout with Bamidele and his friends. There is this popular pepper soup joint down the road where Bamidele and his 2 other friends do meet and talk on Friday evenings.

"My guy, how far now? See how you look all stressed out, what's up na?" Olu Johnson, one of Bamidele friends said out of curiosity.

"I just have so many things going on lately, I can't even think straight" Bamidele said worryingly but before he could conclude what he was saying, Femi Akande interrupted with his usual shout.

"My people, my people, twale for my goons" everyone laughed as Femi was the most jovial out of the three jolly friends and there was no dull moment with him.

"Won’t you guys order and let's gist about our week as we always do" Olu said and ordered for pepper soup and drinks.

"Guys, I'm worried and tired about how momsy is pressuring me about bringing home someone" Bamidele complained as he gulped his drink.

"You know say, time no dey baba mi. You too should do quick and at least mention one girl name to calm her down" Femi suggested but Olu kicked against that saying "don't give mama false hope abeg, let them know you are working on it and very soon you will bring home someone"

They talked all night till it was past 9pm and everyone went their separate homes.

As Bamidele was driving home that evening, it started drizzling and his sight were blurry and focus was getting dimmed.

What happened? Watch out for the next episode!

3 comments:

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...