Saturday 8 February 2020

SLEEVELESS Episose 8


"Who is Princess? I really would love to know" Bamidele asked again as he assumed Tina didn't hear the first time.

"Princess... Princess is my child. I gave birth to her 7 years ago"

"Wait...wait, you mean you have... as in you have a child?" He asked, disbelief written over him.

"On the 25th of June, 7 years ago, I was coming back from the fellowship. A friend of mine Christie by name lived in same hostel as mine and we both attended the fellowship that day. On our way back..." Tina was all in tears as she narrated her story to Bamidele.

Bamidele held her left hand and use his other hand to pat her at the back.

"What happened on your way back?" He asked.

"On our way back, 3 guys jumped out of the uncompleted building even though they have their face partially covered but I could still remember the guy that took me in while the other one took my friend. The 3rd guy was a bit younger to them and he was keeping watch if anyone was coming" she added as Bamidele interrupted to ask if she did other tests to know if she was safe health wise.

"The rape of that 7 years back is what brought about Princess, it was a shameful and painful moment for me 'cause I was in year 2 and also an exco in the fellowship. I was mocked and rejected, many couldn't believe my story since young pregnant ladies are all around the campus" she concluded as she dab her face with the handkerchief that Bamidele offered her.

"Thank God you are safe and sound. Let me just tell you one thing you need to know" Bamidele said as he adjust his sit and draw closer to Tina.

"As God lives, I wont stop loving you, I am accepting you and your past and I wont mind whatever it will cost to take care of you and the baby girl. What you just shared with me now has increased the love and respect I have for you" he said all this with assurance and the moment was so emotional for the both of them as Tina couldn't stop crying.

"Oya finish up your drink so I can go drop you at your place, I don't want to stress you of jumping bus or cab" Bamidele said as he walked to the room to go dress up and move out of the house.

That sunday seems to be a sunday with mixed feelings of joy and pain, burden and relieve as she finally felt free saying everything she had gone through to Bamidele.

Days into weeks and weeks into day, the waiting period is almost over as Bamidele parent had always looked forward to the time their son will bring someone home.

It was a weekend after the night out with boys ended due to an assignment that took Tina out of town. Bamidele drove down to his parent and her sister was also there.

"Mummy, Daddy, I have something to tell you but let's finish up with the diner so the food doesn't get too late" Bamidele suggested.

They finished the meal that night and Bamidele move to the reason for his visit.

"I have something to share with you and it's really nothing serious, but I know you've always waited for these day" he said but the mother cut in with so much curiosity.

"Abi (or) is it what I'm thinking ni?

"My dear, calm down, let's hear him out oo" Bamidele's dad interrupted.

"There is this girl in my work place, we've been seeing ourselves for about 5 months now and she's exactly the kind of woman I have always prayed for" Bamidele explained with all joy written over his face.

"My brother is in love ooo, finally mommy will let him rest eh" Bukola added.

"Victory, victory hallelujah, Jesus conquered the devil..." Bamidele's mom started singing and shouting.

"Mum, wait, there is but..."

"But?" They all exclaimed.

"But ke? Iru but wo? (what type of but)" the mother asked.

"Yes, it's not a but but like but, but you get, she's a single mother, she has a baby" he answered calmly.

"Single mother?" The sister asked.

Everywhere went silent for a few minutes before the mother broke the silence.

What did the mother say?

Watch out for the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...