Wednesday 31 July 2019

Beyond the shade episode 3

BEYOND THE SHADE
(Episode 3)
Story by O'nezer

Some minutes later, we approached a beautiful gate. The house within the fence was amazing. There were a few other houses on the street where the building was located, but this house was different in terms of its beauty.

As we got closer to the gate of the building, the gate gave way for the car to enter, and it was until we got inside I knew there was a Gate Guard with a remote for the gate.

"Welcome sirs." The Gate Guard said.

I guessed he was expecting us or maybe he knew why we were there.

"Make una come out gently without noise" Spider, as we have come to know him, said.

We moved into the house but what I was wondering about the whole time was why they would bring us to a beautiful mansion.

In a split moment, I had forgotten that I was kidnapped because even though my parents were moderately financially equipped, they made us the understand that our house was beautiful enough, but nothing had prepared me for a place big and beautiful as this.

One of the things that amazed me was how everything in the house had been programmed to a control unit that doors were sensitive to people's movement.

"Wow!" I exclaimed, unknowingly.

I looked around hoping to find a wall clock in hopes to know what the time was, I got a glimpse of a digital clock that sat high up on a wall shelf and it read 6:55pm.

It was then that I realised that I had been away from home,  without the knowledge of my parents for four hours.

Uncle Musa and I were taken to a room upstairs and we were told that we would be would be called upon in a few minutes.

 "Called upon?" I whispered.

A few minutes later, a fair complexioned, slim and tall lady with long braid tied at the back, came in.

 "What will you like to eat? I know it could have been a long journey coming down here." She asked calmly.

Uncle Musa who had had his head buried in his laps for a while now, and had been ignoring my questions, looked up, but as he was about to say something, he was taken aback.

He stood up abruptly and said, "Bukola, how did you get here? Is this where you work?"

Well, it seemed as if Uncle Musa knew this lady and I hoped she would at least tell us what was going on.
To my disappointment she said she could not tell us what was going on but she promised to come around later in the night to explain to us what's going on around here.

"Don't let anyone know that we know each other, I will find a way to help you out of here." She had said.

She went out and got us a couple of snacks to eat and we were left alone.

It was a quarter past 11pm when we heard a knock at the door, and honestly we weren't as scared as when we initially scared arrived.

Uncle Musa gathered up confidence while he tip toed to check through the door hole to see who the person was. Luckily for us, it was Bukola and we couldn't wait for her to tell us what was going on.

I could already picture in my head how worried mom and dad would have been. 'Would they be crying right now? Will my brother be asleep or awake? Would Onome and her parents already been notified already?...and many more question were going through my mind before Bukola asked about my welfare.

"I won't be staying long but just know that I will find a way to get you guys out of here." She said.
As she opened her mouth to continue, we heard a knock on the door.

"Open up!" Someone yelled.

Watch out for next episode.
Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...