Thursday 1 August 2019

Beyond the shade. Episode 4

BEYOND THE SHADE
(Episode 4)
Story by O'nezer

"Open up!" the male voice said again, knocking vigorously.

Bukola paced around the room. All of us crippled with fear of knowing she shouldn't be in our room at that time of the day. She was already acting and thinking out in whispers on what to say or where to hide.

"Aunty, the wardrobe is big enough for you to hide and not be caught" I quickly suggested.

Without thinking twice, she gave me a quiet hi five and gently walked into and closed the wardrobe that was firmly built close to the wall.

Uncle Musa walked towards the door and checked through the heyhole just like he did the first time, but this time it was definitely a man.

Uncle Musa opened the door and the guy entered the room with a towel in this right and a blanket on the other hand.

"Everyday no be Christmas and na first night go always sweet pass." He said and handed the towel and blanket to me.

He walked a bit close to the wardrobe but uncle Musa created a scene by shedding crocodile tears and he requested the new guy to please set us free so we can go home. The new guy hissed and left the room. Immediately, Uncle Musa went straight to the door and locked it.

"It's getting late already and I have to go now, no one must come back and meet me here again." Bukola said hurriedly as she stepped out of the wardrobe.

She looked through the hole and tried to be sure that none of the other house workers was around to see her walk out the room. She walked out and uncle Musa and I were left alone in the room. Everywhere was as silent as the graveyard and only the sound of the wall clock was so loud that the person next room could hear it.

"Try to sleep Sandra, let's just keep praying we get out of this place alive." Uncle Musa said calmly.
Although I always had the belief that there was always a reason for everything and God won't watch His own suffer in the hands of the evil people, I was a bit scared.

"Uncle, but I have something I want to ask you. I don't know if you will tell me." I asked silently.

"Go ahead, if it is something I can definitely answer, I sure will." Uncle Musa assured me.

"Where do you know that aunty from?" I asked.

"It's a long story but i'll tell you a short version. So about Bukola," he adjusted. "She's someone I met some years ago, but never thought we could ever see again. You know, life can be very funny and it can always bring people back together" Uncle Musa said as he now turned his face to me.

"I met Bukola when she was posted to H.I.S for her National Youth Service. She was everything a man could ask for in a woman and though she looked so young and innocent, I felt I could have her as my wife."

"Bukola was serving at a primary school where I worked as the school bus Driver. I was quite young also and I had enough money I could spend on her and even give her a big wedding if she wanted. But she saw me as an ordinary Driver and my looks couldn't speak for me before her." Uncle Musa said and turned to me.

"I won't bore you with details of the story. I'll go straight to the point." he continued, but my eyes were heavy and Uncle Musa could see that.

"Let's sleep. I'll tell you everything tomorrow." He said.

The next morning being a Saturday, something was going on in the building and that was what woke us up.


Find out in the next episode.
Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...