Sunday 28 January 2018

SHATTERED Episode 4

SHATTERED
Story by O'nezer
Episode 4

  "I don't know what to say about this situation?" Mrs Jerry said looking at the Police man and his colleague.

  “But you admit you know him?" a Policeman across the stand asked, as he noted some things into the book before him.

  “Hmm... He is like a son to me and he has been living with me for 4years now. I would not lie to you about him.” Mrs Jerry explained to the Policemen. She occasionally stared at the police men who were still standing beside her.

  Mrs Jerry's colleague had rushed into the office calling Mrs Jerry from a distance. Mr Jones the colleague had explained seeing Bayo in Police custody and how Mrs Jerry is the only one that can bail Bayo out.

  “Are you sure of what you're saying?" Other colleagues had asked.

It was quite surprising for them that Bayo was missing for 3days and Mrs Jerry didn't mention it to anyone in the office.

  “Can we have the boy now?" Mr Jones asked the Policeman.

  It was obvious he was not comfortable with Mrs Jerry's sad look.

  “She should have done this before now.” Mr Jones whispered to himself.

"We will need to see her husband first before we can release the boy to her." The Policeman said. Mr Jerry hurried into the station almost immediately.

  “I went to pick you at your office and I was told that you are here. They told me everything. Thank you Mr Jones!" Mr Jerry walked to the stand giving Mr Jones a handshake.

  After signing some papers, Bayo was brought out from a corner of the station. He looked so haggard and hungry. Mr Jones had to buy him a snack outside the station.

"Please ma, take good care of this boy. If he felt comfortable like you claimed, he won't make attempt to run away" Mr Jones counselled as he drove away in his own car.

  The drive home in Mr Jerry's car was quiet. Bayo did not say anything, but he expected the worst from his aunt on getting home. The couple were mute too and it made the drive home quite tense.

  “Maybe I am not good for anything like my Aunty always said. This should have been successful, but unfortunately, I do not even know the name of the town I was heading to. What a life!" Bayo kept thinking about his runaway until he slept off half way home.

  “Animal! Why won't you sleep?" a big slap on the back woke Bayo up from the car.

"After trying to put me in trouble, you now want to sleep, this is just the beginning for you! Everything your late father did to me, I'll make sure you pay for it.” Mrs Jerry screamed at Bayo who now felt weak at the realization that his father is dead.

  Bayo walked into the house as if a heavy stone was placed on his foot.

"So I have no father? Who then was I running away to meet?" Bayo quickly cleaned the tears welling in his eyes.

  Bayo had grown up to understanding  life as it brings its toll. He was so intelligent and easily understands any topic  that seems difficult for his mates.

  The next few months were calm for Bayo and his Aunt. Like his attempt to escape brought a renewal for him not until a day when Bayo came home late from school.

  “Where are you coming from?" Mrs Jerry asked staring at the clock in the living room.

  Bayo knew he had overplayed in school and he only prayed his Aunt won't get home before him, but his prayers were not answered.

  “I am coming from school. We had extra curricular activities in school." Bayo said, trying to be confident. He was used to the beatings, so why fret anyways.

  “A Teacher from your school told me you were playing football in school and you dare stand there and lie to me?" Bayo knew he was up for it as usual as Mrs Jerry rushed into the kitchen.

  Bayo didn't move from where he was. Mrs Jerry came out from the kitchen hitting Bayo on the head with a hammer. Bayo collapsed to the ground and Mrs Jerry kicked hard on him before walking by.

  “Nonsense! I don't know what you take me for!" Mrs Jerry hissed.

"If you like sleep there till tomorrow, that's none of my business." Mrs Jerry walked away from Bayo's helpless body on the ground and switched on the TV.

  Ten minutes later, Bayo was not moving and now, Mrs Jerry was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

"Bayo! Stand up!" she walked up to Bayo and kicked him, but no response.

She kept kicking, but Bayo was not moving. Mrs Jerry quickly knelt down beside Bayo to check his pulse

  “I'm done for!" Mrs Jerry screamed placing her hand on her head as she ran into her room and rushed out almost immediately.

She secured the door and quickly made for the street.

"Where are they now? I can't go into my own house after a long day in the office" Mr Jerry walked around perplexed as he found the door to the house secured.

He never bothered to go with his key as he normally came home with his wife and days he will be hours longer at the office, his wife will be at home. He was confused why today was different and Bayo too was not at home. He decided to wait in his car.

"Keep the change!" Mrs Jerry alighted from a bike running into the house without noticing her husband.

She rushed in towards Bayo's body and she cried bitterly after checking his pulse.

"What is going on here?" Mr Jerry screamed pushing his wife hands away from Bayo's body.

"So you finally got what you want huh?" Mr Jerry stood up weak, pacing around the living room.

"You will not leave me alone with him right? You will help me out?" Mrs Jerry asked sniffing deeply.

Mr Jerry snapped his fingers, staring intently and yet furiously into his wife eyes.

Watch out for what next
Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...