Friday 2 August 2019

Beyond the shade Episode 5

BEYOND THE SHADE
(Episode 5)
Story by O'nezer

Initially, we were hearing a sound faintly from a distance, but it kept getting closer to us. When I checked the clock on the wall in the room, it was already morning as the time was 6:45am.

"What's that sound uncle?" I asked with fear.

The sound of music coming from the place we assumed to be the sitting room was now scary.

Some minutes later, someone came knocking at the door. We weren't sure whether to be happy or sad. It was actually a mixed feelings of 'thank God we are leaving and that of leaving that house alive.'

Uncle Musa gathered the confidence to open the door. It was a new guy that we hadn't seen the day before.

He was wearing a dark polo that revealed his well- built muscles. If he attempted to carry me with his big palm, I would look like tissue in his hand.

He entered the room and asked Uncle Musa to kneel down. I was getting scared as those words from the guy that said everyday won't be Christmas here was coming to my mind.

He brought us a white scarf-like cloth and he covered my eyes and that of Uncle Musa and instructed us to follow him immediately.

We were being directed as we both couldn't see where we were being taken to.

I couldn't see the time to know how long we've been blindfolded, but by assumption, It was nothing less than 30 minutes.

"Madam is here now" one of the guys said and we could feel the sound which made it more obvious that the house wasn't only big but so many people were working in it.

As they continued discussing, we heard them talking about a baba that was on his way down there, but had to attend to one or two things which was the reason for his delay.

Some minutes later, someone came around to announce the presence of the long expected baba.

Baba entered and he saw us kneeling with our blindfold. A lot of questions were running through my mind but the only thing I could do was to keep praying and reminding God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. I remembered that He that watches over us never sleeps nor slumbers.

I've heard my parents pray that before and it was quite easy to repeat their words of prayer in my present state.

My parent had always told me that God hears and answers prayer not minding our status or whatnot.

Baba was saying  some unfamiliar words and as a little child, I was not sure I could even guess what baba was trying to say.

"Madam, don't worry, we will do the renewal perfectly and you will live longer than your forefathers" baba confidently assured whoever the Madam was.

After several attempts on saying some words and feeling baba's movement around us. We realised that Baba was acting strange and somewhat furious and he kept on saying "I hope these ones here are not the forbidden ones."

After several attempts, "it's like it's not working" Baba whispered.

"Baba, you sure say no be you dey fake am" one of the guy interrupted but before he could finish his statement, we heard a sound like a fall.

"Go and throw his body in the canal behind the compound" Baba said.

I had never been more scared in my life at that instant.

"How could someone fall and die instantly just because he dared Baba" I thought.

"This baba must be powerful" I muttered but the only song that came to my mind that moment was the song they taught us at children's church "Jesus power, super power..." I kept on singing it silently.

'Let us take a break, I will come back in 3 hours time to retry but by then, I'm coming with double of what I came with" Baba said as he walked out of the house.

We were returned back to our room and that was when they opened our eyes again.

What happened after this?
Find out in the next episode.
osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...