Monday 14 June 2021

THIRTY PLUS Ep 14

Story by O'nezer 



Episode 14


"It's your sister" my mother said.


"Hello my dear, how are you?" Mum asked to be sure if everything was alright. 


"It is nothing really, are you in same place with daddy?" She asked. I was beginning to get scared it could be something serious. 


"You are now on loud speaker, speak on my dear" my mother said.


"Okay mom... there is this guy i  want to tell you about, we will be coming to home together next weekend" my sister said.


"Come and join me sing Hallelujah, Jehovah Jireh has done me well..." my mother started singing without even asking details about the person.


"Hello... are you there?" My sister asked from the other side.


"We will be expecting you both then" dad said as my sister ended the call.


In the mood of celebrating with my sister that she finally has someone, mom almost ruined the moment again with her pressure. 


"You see, you see your sister now. As for you, we don't even know the direction you are facing" she said mockingly. 


"Jeremiah 29:11 says For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end" I told my mother and  reminded her that God's time is the best. 


On Sunday morning, we had our regular service and Emma wasn't in sight. I was so happy that I would no longer be forced into a relationship with Emma. 


Service ended and I stumbled on one of my childhood friends Temiloluwa. She has been married since she was 29 , but with no child.


"The pressure you get when you are 30 plus is different from when you are under 30. Everyone has been telling me one thing or the other. I will be 32 next month and the pressure keeps increasing by the day" she said.


We talked about her delay with child birth. I tried to encourage her that sometimes God allows delay so as to give us a bigger testimony. I don't know who made the rule that if you don't have some certain things at 30, you may not have them again. 


Till I got home that Sunday, different thoughts were just going through my head. It's so ironic  that some people have the cap, but no head. Some have head, but no cap, while Some have  head bigger than their cap. Everyone with their challenges. 


Still in thought, a scripture dropped in my heart. 


2nd Corinthians 4 


"8: We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;


9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed".


The new week soon started and everyday, I get to see Jude. A part of me wanted the relationship but another part of me was finding it hard to understand the uneasiness in my spirit. 


"Are you still not going to say anything? You are not done praying?" Jude said out loud during one of our conversations after work.


I told him I wasn't done praying and that I want to be sure before entering any relationship. I wasn't done talking when Jude snapped out. He became furious and I can bet that I haven't seen him that angry before.


"Get out of my car"


"You said what?" I asked to be sure. 


"Don't make me repeat myself, get out please" he said in a very harsh tone.


I had to get down of his car and started looking for a cab. The rain has started and I quickly ran to take cover in front of a closed kiosk. When I couldn't wait again, I entered the rain and I was lucky to see a bike man going towards my area even though the charges was much but I didn't mind. 


Thank God it was a Friday, I knew I would get enough rest onSaturday. I was totally wet from head to toe. 


I lost appetite to eat that night. My mother was thinking it was because I was beaten by rain. I only had coffee for myself and I couldn't get over the drama that happened with Jude. I know I hadn't gone out of line if i still wanted to pray more  to get clarity about choosing a life partner. 


It's sometimes better to marry late and marry right than rush into marrying anyone available and regret it.


After the family devotions that night, I couldn't sleep as many things were playing through my mind.


"Look at Felicia who I'm 4 years older than, she is married now with 3 kids."


"See Ebele, she is living her best life with her husband in the states. Her daughter is still calling me aunty."


"Even my sister is already bringing someone home? Why is my own case different?


I cried into the night as depression was almost crawling in. I couldn't even say a word of prayer or do any spiritual exercise. 


I didn't know when I eventually slept off.


"Wake up... don't you know what time it is?" My mom came to wake me up.

17 DAYS TO GO FOR SISTER DABIRA PART 2



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...