Wednesday 16 June 2021

THIRTY PLUS Ep 16-Finale

Story by O'nezer 



Episode 16 ( Finale)


My sister's wedding was scheduled for August and preparation was on top gear towards a successful ceremony.


I recieved the salary for June and I left my job. I knew I needed some time off to reflect on my life and seek the way forward.


"My dear, I am not against any of your decisions at this point. I believe God has a plan for my life  and his thoughts are far  greater and better  than ours" my father said that afternoon when he realised i left my job. Although it didn't seat well with my mother.


My sister's wedding came and people rallied round from far and near. Although I was happy that my sister was getting married , but i was sad at the same time.


 The reasons for my sadness is not far fetched. Firstly, the person I never wanted, ended up being converted and now married to my sister. Secondly my own younger sister was now married, while me, her elder sister does not have a serious relationship going on, even at 32.


"Yours is next?" One of my aunt said 


"When are you even getting married? You are not getting younger oo" one of the church members said. I felt like punching that woman in the face but I had to calm my nerves down.


The day ended more sad for me as everywhere I moved to, people didn't stop reminding me of my age and how long I've been unmarried. 


The wedding was over and everyone went to their homes. I knew I would be needing a new job and most importantly a change of environment that won't remind me of all the past drama.


I was praying one night and God took me down memory lane. I started thanking him and  I placed myself on a  21 days praise session. 


My worries began to fade and my mood got brighter. My parents didn't understand  the secret to my happiness, but at the end of the 21 days, I shared my praise journey with them.


During the 21 days praise session, God  inspired me to start early morning cry and evangelism in my area. 6am every morning, I step out of the house with a bell and bible in my hand to tell the world about the love of God and his power to save.


A month after I started the morning evangelism, I set out dressed in a straight striped gown and my hair covered with a black scarf singing and jingling the bell.


"Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus than to trust and obey" 


I mistakenly stumbled on a man who was trying to tie his shoe lace. I apologised and wanted to leave , but the man stopped me.


"Sister, I didn't know they now have someone who comes out to do early morning evangelism here" he said and I was surprised at what he was saying 


"Yes, I said that is because God laid it in my heart 3 months ago to start and I've been doing it from street to street. Today is the turn of this street, and I was heading here when I began to hear the voice of someone singing and talking from afar. I wanted to tie my shoe lace so I can catch up with the person and here you are" he concluded. 


"My name is Caleb, how about you?" He asked as we walked and talked along. I told him my name and that was how we started coming out to do evangelism together.


I already applied for a job at another broadcasting house. I knew I had a lot to share with my listeners and I couldn't wait to go back to hosting my favorite programs. I was called to resume work the next month, which was September.


"Sister Gloria, I have something to tell you" Caleb said to me at close of work that day. 


"I have been praying for a while now about a life partner and the holy spirit has been dropping your name in my heart repeatedly. I am sorry, but I have been praying about this and I will suggest you do the same" he said and I was left in shock, because I didn't see it coming at all.


We were still seeing every morning for the morning evangelism, but he wasn't pressuring me nor talking about the relationship. 


After a month and 2 weeks, I had gotten all the confirmation that I asked from God. I checked our vision and mission alongside purpose. I felt the peace of God about it and I can say it was God at work.


I finally gave him my answer and prayed about it together.  Caleb is a tall light skinned young man. He works as an HR in one of the loan firms  in town nd I wondered how he was able to manage the responsibilities, but he shared a brief story with me


"I was on a journey one night in my car. I had fuel inside a small keg in front. Along the line, there was a spark and the car caught fire. It was a narrow escape for me with a little burn and that was when I made a covenant with God. I told him that I know I can't pay him for what he has done, but I will begin early morning evangelism to tell the world about the love of God" he said in one of our conversations.


We had our  courtship for about 6 months and today being our Thanksgiving sunday after our wedding, I want to thank the Lord almighty for all that he has been to me. For the ups and downs, for the mountains and Valleys. I can boldly say today that through it all, God is good.


This is my message to everyone out there, that no matter how late it may seem, GOD'S WILL IS GOOD, GOD'S PLAN IS BETTER AND GOD'S TIME IS THE BEST.


Don't let the age pressure put you in the wrong relationship or wrong environment. It is only the blessing of the Lord that maketh rich, and addeth no sorrow with it.


And if you are already in the wrong relationship due to pressure or whatever reason, may God give you the grace to let go and let God.


I will leave you with one of my favourite bible text


Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.


Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.


Thank you and God bless you all.


I handed over the mic to the MC as I walked down the podium with the assistance of my husband who was also wearing the same Ankara fabric as mine. 


The END


LIST OF OTHER STORIES BY O'NEZER

1. Pamilerin

2. The wedding reception

3. Last Sunday evening

4. End of the tunnel

5. Dark path

6. Adopted

7. Adebimpe

8. Facebook fiancé

9. Corper Wale

10. The wait

11. Lily

12. Shattered

13. Boomerang (story of brother bode)

14. Beyond the shade

15. Happy child with many sorrow

16. Sleevless 

17. FOLA

18. The Leap Year

19. TANGLED 

20. BUT


15 DAYS TO GO FOR SISTER DABIRA PART 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...