Wednesday 1 September 2021

BROKEN MIRROR Ep 1

 Episode 1.



"You are under arrest." A young police officer said, while pointing his gun at me.


He wasn't alone, as he came in with 3 other police men, all fully armed. I was wondering if they wanted to arrest me or everyone in the estate. 


"Anything you say now, will be used against you in the court of law, so you are to remain silent." the sergeant said. 


The team lead was not on his uniform, so i couldn't get his name. As for the officer who instructed that i remain silent, his name is Kasali P.K.  


I wanted to take note of every name and face of the police men, so I can know who to thank and who to revenge on-  depending on how I am being treated. 


The team lead instructed the officer (Kasali P.K) to search the house for other witnesses or accomplices. He kicked the kitchen door open with his ugly jungle boots and carefully perused the room like one hunting a ghost. He confirmed the area was clear and moved to other parts of the house.


We live in a calm and organized estate in the heart of the town. The government had originally built a number of storey buildings for rent, but over time, a lot of self-built buildings were erected and one of such is our house. One would think there is a competition in the estate, with the way every house tries to outshine the other. 


Some houses don't look all beautiful from the outside, until one steps in and discover it's magnificence. On the other hand, the beauty of some houses is already glaring from the wall of their gates.  


Each compound is fenced with gate and everyone minds their business such that if one is shouting, no one may come around. As a result, the children in the estate barely know each other, except for those who attend same  school. 


Our house is a portable, but comfortable 4 bedroom flat . Each room is en suite with a TV and decoder. The bathroom and toilet in each room is wide enough to accommodate 5 people at a time without clashing.


When the police men had checked throughout the house and couldn't find anyone else, the team lead instructed one of the officers to handcuff me. All through the period of the  arrest, I didn't say a single word, but  had a lot going through my head.


One of the officers brought out a small face towel from his back pocket. I had thought he wanted to wipe his face with it, but i soon realized that it was more about work. With the towel in his hand, he picked up the blood stained knife on the floor.


"Hello, please we need an ambulance at Gbayekale Estate." The team lead said over the phone. 


I wasn't expecting anything positive, because I know how our system is. It's either the van with the fuel doesn't have tyres or the one with tyres doesn't have fuel. There will always be an excuse for delay.


The police officers did not leave till the ambulance arrived, so everyone could leave the building at the same time.


30 minutes after the call was made, the ambulance arrived. They were shocked to see an elderly man and woman in their mid 50's laying in the pool of blood with multiple stabs on their body. 


They were rushed into the van and the police men also led me into their pick up vehicle, as we all made our move out of the estate. 


In no time, we got to the police station and I was led into a dark room for questioning. I was wondering why we couldn't have the conversation outside or elsewhere.


But am I really ready to talk?

I am not sure I am ready for this.


I was still lost in my thought when the officer angrily banged the table, to jerk me to reality. 


"Why did you kill them"?



1 comment:

  1. Suspense from episode 😂... You will finish us with it throughout the story

    ReplyDelete

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...