Thursday 19 January 2023

The Beautiful Scar Ep 4

 



"What If he wants to ask me to be his girlfriend?"

"No, I am not ready for a relationship"

"What if it's something else?"

"Whatever" I said out

"Whatever?" Lakunle asked to be sure he heard me right.

"No, not you. You can go ahead" I said as I bit the pizza in my hand.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, go ahead" I added.

"And promise me you won't find it offensive" he asked further.

At this moment, I don't know what to expect. I am bad at guessing and it's even worse when someone is putting me on suspense.

"Just go ahead, I promise, no offense" I said with my mouth filled.

"When do you want to accept Jesus to your heart?"

Immediately, I stopped eating, I didn't know how to process what he said. Not because I wasn't expecting the question but I didn't see it coming.

"Well... well, I really want to but..."

"But tomorrow may be too late, you know?" He interrupted.

My mind raced around and it feels like I've never seen Lakunle this serous before.

"Don't let it seem like I'm forcing you, think about it very well" he broke the silence after a few minutes pause.

"I think I have to be on my way"

I didn't allow the driver follow me because I wanted to have an alone time with Lakunle but it seem the whole day got ruined in a way.

Not like I don't want to have anything do with Jesus as well but Christianity is somehow boring for me.

I started driving home, thinking about all that Lakunle had said to me. I don't want to lose my friendship with Lakunle but yet, it's looking like after speaking back and forth, we will still need to come back to the whole Jesus talk.

Dad got back home that evening and it was a Friday night, I handed over all the documents  he requested.

"That's my girl, work will  start  soon over this application" my father said with so much confidence.

The day ended with the family dinner time, we had rice garnished with vegetables and plantain that night and everyone bade one another goodnight.

Most weekends , my brother comes home from school. He is schooling in the University of Ilorin and  the family also stays in Ilorin. 

"Good morning big sis" I heard Joe's voice as he knocks on my door.

I checked my phone to see the time and it was past 9am. I met series of missed calls and other notifications.

"Come in, the door is not locked" I said to my brother.

"You are still sleeping by this time" he said

"You are also back home to pack all our food stuff abi?" I jokingly replied him.

We both laugh and he excused himself while I attend to the calls and messages I missed.

"I'm sorry if it seem that I ruined our hangout yesterday but I care about you and I know God loves you too, have a great weekend hun"

I read the message aloud, I saw that Lakunle sent the message around 12 midnight.

I tried calling his line but not reachable.

"I don't know what to do about this Lakunle guy" I said to myself.

"Yes yes, I know what to do"

"Breakfast is ready" my brother interrupted d my thought.

I freshened up and joined them at the dining.

I am that person in the house that doesn't like to eat what everyone is eating.

"I will take golden morn instead" I said

"We that are eating custard and moimoi elemi meje have 2 heads abi?"

Truly, if I should go by all the spices and ingredients used in making that moimoi that morning, it's enough to salivate and crave more but my cravings are not always as everyone.

I served my golden morn, added enough milk and sugar. The taste is heavenly for me and I know that's enough to carry me till noon.

My phone started ringing. It was Lakunle, I had mixed feelings of joy and sadness at the same time.

"Hello, I've been trying to reach you before now?" I quickly said.

"I'm sorry, my phone fell while I was having my bath and since then it has been misbehaving" he said.

"Sorry about that, I hope you’d fix it soon" I added.

"It's fine, I really appreciate your care" he said

There was a long silence but someone had to talk so we don't keep wasting the call card.

"I have given all your request a thought and I've made up my mind" I said.

"What's your conclusion?" I could hear curiosity in his voice.

I don't know whether to say it on phone or probably we need to meet and talk again.

"Hello, are you there?" He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...