Friday 20 January 2023

The Beautiful Scar Ep 5

 



"Yes, I'm here. I can hear you"

"I've made up my mind with a condition" I added.

"You can talk to me about anything, what's the conclusion? What's the condition"? He said.

"Can we meet at our usual spot or we should talk it through on phone?" I asked to be sure of which means is comfortable for him.

He agreed we talk on phone to at least give him a clue of what I want.

"I am willing and ready to try Jesus out"

"Praiseee the Lord" he Interrupted without knowing what the condition is.

"This indeed a great news for me, I want us to enjoy the privileges in Christ together" he added

"But on one condition" I quickly added before he gets carried away with my conclusion.

"Okay, I'm with you"

"Tell me about your family"

There was a long silence again. I don't know if I'm making the right decision but attaching the condition.

We've been coming along for a while, long enough to want to know at least one thing about his family.

I know I want to know more about God and his saving power but yet, I don't want to feel caged as well

"Alright, I will tell you but not today" he said after the long silence.

"When will it be? I'm sorry, I just really want to know"

"I promise to share everything with you when next we see. Wouldn't want it to be a phone conversation" he pleaded

"But I don't want you to delay any longer to give God a chance to rule your world" he added.

"Alright, I'm ready"

Lakunle led me to Christ that morning and I can bet with you, the feeling is different.

I have always felt it would be hard until I gave it a trial and I can attest the fact that it is the sweetest thing that can happen to anyone.

Everyone had left the dinning immediately they finished their food and I was alone all the while the call was going on.

Dad had gone back to rest as it was  one of those free  weekends for him with no meeting at all.

My mother had taken an event which she sent some of her workers to handle. She later left the house to attend the event to  be sure that everything was intact.

My brother and his video games, he's in the sitting room and I was thinking on the new life I've just been introduced to.

"What if I share this new experience with my family"

"What if they find me weird or not interested"

"God help me" I said silently as I move to my room to pick out my cloths for laundry.

I had slept and missed the lunch time, they decided not to wake me again after several attempts of waking me up.

I later had my lunch as dinner and I went back to the room to pick what to wear to church for Sunday.

Being the last Sunday of the month, there is always a praise and declaration service added to the regular Sunday service.

Everyone had gotten up that Sunday morning to go to church. Our house to the church is about 15 minutes drive from home.

We went in  the black SUV car and dad didn't allow any of the driver to drive us that morning.

As directed by the protocol and security team, dad parked at the “car park B” as numbered on the iron pole.

I was approaching the church entrance when someone tapped me by the shoulder.

I ignored the first time as I was the last to come down from the car because I needed to redress my hair.

The person tapped me the second time , I turned back and what I saw was a big surprise to me.

What was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...