Thursday 21 May 2020

FOLA Episode 7

Episode 7

"You are not going anywhere" amidst tear mom was speechless as she heard how dad is insisting that she's not going anywhere. 

The knock on the door interrupted the scene which shifted the attention from dad and mom to the door.

"Arrest him, yes that's the useless man" the shock on my face is as same as yours right now. Arrest ke? Who are they arresting and for what?

Immediately the person talking showed up his face behind the curtain, it happens to be Uncle Julius. I ran to quickly hug him but he isn't looking like he is in for any joke.

Uncle Julius is my mothers immediate younger brother. They are the only 2 surviving children of their parent. Uncle Julius works with the immigration and he has a lot of connections to different people. Today, he is with the bad boys on the street to go beat someone up or with police to go arrest someone. 

On what bases are they now arresting my dad? I was shocked not knowing that one of the night that mom was at shop, uncle Julius was passing by and dropped to say hi to mom but he found bruises around my mothers face.

My mother tried explaining how wise woman build her home but my uncle isnt even taking any of that again and he promised that what he will do is in his mind.

"Arrest him I say, he must know that beating a woman isnt ideal regardless of that woman's offence". Its not like my mom always offend dad and even if she did, beating shouldn't be in the option.

The most surprising thing that left me more confused was my mothers reaction to the action her brother took. In my mind, I was thinking my mother should be excited that they are finally taking my dad away but no, my mom started begging her brother not to arrest.

"If you take him away now, who will now be beating me? Who will be taking care of me and my daughter". I was disappointed hearing this from my mom

Wait, could it have been that mom was already used to being beaten like drum or shes just trying to protect her husband? I was really shocked but what do I know?

"Sister mi, you are falling my hand really. Let me deal with this man so that we can teach him how to treat a woman". My uncle was disappointed.

I was wondering what will happen when my uncle leaves. Shortly, my uncle entered his blue Camry car with the 2 officers that followed. 

I was expecting my dad to be scared on the other hand but all he was just doing was to sigh and make some funny sound. 

My uncle shouldnt be 3 minutes away from our house when dad faced mom and started shouting again. He was raising his voice so loud that people in the 3rd building will be hearing his voice loud and clear

"I was only protecting you, could have let my brother do what he wanted to do" mom replied dad after so much shout from dad.

He was angry that mom had the gut to report him to the extent that her brother had to come to the house with police. 

Remember dad is still angry about the fact that they didnt make him the pastor of the church he has laboured with for years and this is part of why he is overreacting to everything.

"Woman, what are we eating for dinner cause I'm super hungry?". I am hungry too but with the drama I've been witnessing all day, I didnt remember until dad asked for food.

"And for you, whenever your mom and I are having our discussion, I must not see you there again" dad warned me that evening but the sound of something falling in the kitchen interrupted our conversation. 

"My favourite ceramic cup" was all dad cared about immediately he entered the kitchen.

Dad has a fine ceramic cup that he was gifted in a conference some months ago and since then he has turned the cup to what he used for everything in the house aside from brushing his mouth.

I wouldn't know if my moms mind wasnt together or what could have caused her to break the ceramic. I know mom to be a very careful person when it comes to that.

Dad couldn't even control his anger over a ceramic cup, that's how he slapped my mother again that same night but this time around, its like table is about to change.

Mom immediately picked the frying pan from the wall hanger. She hit on dad's head repeatedly till dad passed out.

"Daddy.... daddy" I started shouting and crying at the same time. Mom wasnt really moved cause mom was thinking maybe dad is pretending until she raised one of his hands up and he realised that he had fainted.

Mom started pacing round the house, she tried to pour water on dads head but all to no avail. Remember mom cant drive and I'm too small to even know what they press in the car.

"Baby girl, go and call daddy Bose in the next house to start coming and we need his help" mom was holding dad and placing his head on her lap

"Oko mi, my dear, open your eyes" I ran as fast as I could to quickly call my neighbour.  

I checked the time and it was already 8:30pm. I was running and praying in my mind that my dad should not die.

I may not like the way he is treating my mom but yet I dont want him to die.

On getting to dad's Bose's place. I wasnt only shocked but I was surprised with what I found when I got there.

You want to guess? Wait for the next episode.

1 comment:

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...