Tuesday 26 May 2020

FOLA Episode 12

FOLA
Episode 12 (finale)

"Open this door before I kick the wooden door down" a deep unfamiliar bass voice said behind the door. I became scared and ran back to where dad was sitting.

This time, dad was already standing and holding mom's hand behind him. My heart beat was pounding so loud and I was breathing heavily.

Dad slowly walked to the door and gently opened the door. Four young guys with their faces masked entered the house and pushed my dad toward the cushion chair beside the door. 

I started sweating, I didn't notice that I already peed on my body out of fear. One of the guy was holding a machete while the other one was holding a stick, the shortest one was holding a gun while the last was the team leader.

We were robbed of almost all the little change we have at hand and they took their time from around 8:30pm till 10pm because they were so calm enough that they ate and enjoyed themselves.

"Spark, how dem go remember this day?" The short one amongst them asked. In my mind I was praying they should do whatever they want to do and go, at least they've collected money and have eaten to their satisfaction. 

The leader instructed my dad to come closer and he asked him to go naked. Daddy was sweating and pleading but all to no avail. Dad went naked and they asked me to come closer as well. I can't remember if I'm peeing on myself for the second or third time in the space of an hour.

I was praying they don't ask my father to do anything to me cause I don't know which of the trauma will be easier to get over, either been raped by the thieves or my father. God forbid!...


I was gang raped by the thieves that night. When one is taking his turn, one will be threatening my parents with the gun in his hand. Few minutes after they left, we screamed and shouted, people started moving out and whistling but it was late already.

The shame and pain couldn't let me freely walk around when people were coming in to greet us. The night was the longest night of my life and the cry that night was never to be compared.

As time goes on, I couldn't bear the shame and I always thought of suicide every night. I was thinking I was the only one until dad's health was getting worse. He couldn't recover from the shock and his excess thinking had gone extreme which has led to partial stroke. I don't know where my mother got her own strength from, she was affected too but my praying mother wasn't totally moved by the storm around her.

I couldn't focus again in school and the principal advised my mother to let me stay away from stress and anything that can make me overthink. I've seen days when I had to do some nasty things just to abort the baby but the more I tried, the more stronger I feel. I finally gave up on attempting to be a murderer.

"This girl needs to be closely monitored, it was only grace that saved her from not dying of the substance she took all in the name of committing suicide or abortion". This and many more were the words coming out of the doctor's mouth that afternoon. The doctor was even trying to tell my mother that it may be a thing of shame for a young girl like me to be pregnant but then it's not a disease to be pregnant but a thing of joy.

My mother gave a deep sigh because she's the only one that can talk better about what has led to the pregnancy. The only consolation I had was that I was not infected with any sexually transmitted disease. I think that would have been the most terrible part of the experience. 


The church we attended, they mocked us with our predicament and it was only few people that cared enough to stop by that did so. My so-called lover boy, James, stopped moving as warned by his parent severally when they noticed his curiosity to know what has happened.


The alawo Awolana that is now Oluwalana has not been too far from my family, he was always coming around to have bible study with us. He also do help with some of this herbal drink to improve my dad's health.

Few months later, dad's health started getting better and improving. With the help of God, Mr Oluwalana and my mother. Different prayers and different medications.

When God will have his way, 8 months after the incident, I gave birth to a bouncing baby girl. I know I was too young to be a mother and I can't imagine how my parents will cope seeing this kind of child born through rape.

The only consolation I had was that God finally healed my dad that same day I gave birth. I was weeping profusely because joy had mixed with sorrow for me.

Dad held my hands and started crying. Mom joined us and we all started crying, no one to pet one another. The baby has my face so much that it was as if I vomited the baby out of my mouth.

Years later, I struggled to finish my senior high school. Proceeded to study Mass communication in one of the Federal schools on scholarship. The new baby brought more fortune to the family and we were moving from one testimony to another.

Days turned to months and to years and luckily for me, I met this young charming guy in my service year. He was working in the same place I was posted to, tall, dark and handsome Josh Akindoyin. Everyone loves his smile which is always accompanied by his dimple. How can someone be this hairy and also have dimple in both cheeks? 

"I have a baby girl, I don't know who the father is because it was through a very terrible incident that happened many years ago and...." Josh didn't let me finish what I was saying before he held my hands and told me that whatever happened in the past stays there. He is ready to accept me and take me in with the assurance that he will take care of my baby.

Service year ended, I was retained at my PPA and I was employed as the P.R.O of the organisation. 

2 years later, we started preparing for our wedding. My parents did a few running around on getting the best hall in town for the reception and many other wedding preparation around it. 

There is this Thanksgiving eve that my fiance and I organised a day before the wedding, where I shared this my testimony to the young singles there. From how dad lost his position both in church and in his work place due to his health and everything up to the time that I met my one and only Josh

I can see how many people were crying and dabbing their faces. I felt free sharing my pain with everyone and by the grace of God and my supportive husband-to-be, I can boldly stand today and say through it all God was faithful and he is still faithful.

The anchor of the program took it up from there and everyone started praying so loud that the whole hall can feel that this is beyond a Thanksgiving eve.

"To everyone here who has gone through this or who is going through such pain, may the most gracious God heal your pain and meet you at the point of your need, in Jesus name we pray!" Everyone echoed Amen.

Finally it's my wedding day and people came around from far and near, the church was filled to the brim and people had to hang around the car park and outside.

"Who is the man giving the hand of this woman to this man" the pastor asked as expected. My father walked down to the pastor but someone else stood from the congregation and started walking towards us.

Watch out for SEASON 2 as it reveals who walked down, who FOLA is and who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...