Monday 25 May 2020

FOLA Episode 11

Episode 11

"7A's and 3B's omo you tried o" One of my classmates that came to check the dashboard said as he saw my result. It was so easy for anyone and everyone to know everyone’s result. In short, there is no hiding place because your result will be seen no matter how much you want to form.

On many occasions, my classmates had gone to board to laugh at some peoples result, mostly the seniors that likes to brag. They will iron their shirts to the extent that the gators on it can even sharpen pencils. Some of the seniors that cant do without sending junior errands.

We have some wicked senior that will give you money to go and buy more than the money they gave you and then still be asking for change. If you refuse to bring the change and they sent you, they can kill you. No, not that killing you, the punishment they will give you can make you sick and faint.

Some of them only come first in punishing junior but their result is the one sitting at the bottom list of the results on the board.

After seeing my result, I was so happy that the result of my prayers, hard work, and parents support didnt go in vain. I cannot really wait to get home to share this good news with my parent.

As much as many people believed that junior exams are not of good relevance compared to the senior result. I was super excited, and I rushed out so I can get home on time and show my parent the result. I am already imagining the smile on my mothers face and the pride I am bringing to my dad but as unserious as I am as well, I still reference God for giving me this good grades.

I got home and showed my parents the result. The excitement on their face was unexplainable and the way my dad started praying for me, I was happy I made them proud above all odds. The meal that day was so different and special because mom already had it in mind that if my result comes out good, she make sumptuous and tongue biting foods for me.

My result attracted the state government as the best and most outstanding student in the state regardless of my locality and they promised to cater for my school fees and expenses throughout my secondary school. This is one of my happiest day and I cannot stop thanking God for it.

Some of my teachers couldnt stop making reference to me and my result. I have seen I where the principal will be making mouth that their school produced the best student in the state.

"You are smart and observant, why not go to science class?" My dad suggested during one of our evening gist, but mom has always loved business or any art related things.

No one was even ready to ask me what I wanted. I was just looking at them both but there is this summer lesson that I must join. This summer lesson is always taking place after the whole session and the break between a session and the other is nothing less than 5 to 6 weeks.

At the lesson, they are taking us all subject that when we resume by September, we can just go to any department that we love. This already gave me an insight of the department I will be going to.

Resumption is here already, and I went straight to art class. Dad wasn't cool with it at first, but he believed that I would do fine at any department anyways.

Government started paying for my school fees and I was on scholarship. There is this feeling of being in senior school that naturally want to make you start misbehaving. I want to do back to my junior what my senior did to me, I want to start showing off and start giving orders.

I started moving with the big girls and big boys of the class. I started missing classes and hanging out. There is virtually no shortcut we did not know. We jumped fence severally and we will mix up with the student during break time so it would not be obvious that we went out.

I must play the good child at home, but my real guys knew what I was capable of. I started trying out different things, but there was still this fear that God is up there looking at what I am doing.

Shortly after my first year in senior school, I joined the choir in the church. As you all know that everyone behaves in church, I was that calm and easy going. Green snake under green grass, the leader of pretenders.

We had finished choir rehearsal that afternoon when James walked down to me. He suggested we both take a walk since he was going towards my area.

James is the pastor’s son. He was just a senior by a year, but he looked more mature that you could hardly believe that he is not a working-class guy.

James has this charisma and dress sense that I've seen days when girls just want to ask him what they know just to have conversations with him.

"What's the time please" one of the sisters asked him one time like that and from there he started admiring his watch. All of this trick is just to have conversation and familiarity with the pastor's son.

My friendship with him started gradually. Although, I had been stylishly crushing on him for quite a while now and it ended up making us connect faster.

"Romeo and Juliet" is one of the books we used in our year one of senior secondary and some people had already tagged the name on James and myself.

We became inseparable duo in the choir and since he attends a private school not far from the government school that I attend.  We get to see often than usual, and things started getting intimate with us both.

Although my parent must not hear all of this things or even see me walking or talking to a guy not to now hear that I'm beginning to have a relationship with anyone.

"See, if a boy should touch you, you will get pregnant oh" this is the only sex education my mother could give me and I've seen days where dad comes into the discussion and tell me that if any boy is disturbing me, i should let them know so they can guide me and warn such boys.

One of the evenings, after our family dinner and gist with daddy. I took the plate to the kitchen and on my way back to join dad and mom at the living room, we heard a knock on the door.

Who could it be that will be knocking by this time? On a normal day, shops and stores close by 6pm and our dinner does not pass 8pm as everyone is expected to be in their house by then.

The knock was persistent, and dad asked me to go and open the door, but I should first peep through the door hole.

"Who is there?" I shouted out of curiosity.

Watch out for the next episode


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...