Tuesday 6 October 2020

TANGLED S2 EP10

Season 2, Episode 10.


After the death of the twins, news started going round the town that my father used them to renew the charms he used in bringing members to his church. I was wowed! How on earth did anyone think of that?


Gradually, we started losing members of the church one after the other. Before the year ran out, our number went from 350 to 150. This got my mother worried and severally she tried to talk to my dad to retrace his step and then have some personal retreat. But everything my mother suggested fell on deaf ears.


"Woman, if you can't support me in this struggles, then leave it to me and see if God will not bring a replacement!" my father said angrily in one of his conversation with mom.

When I heard that, I wondered where it came from. A replacement of what? "It better not be what I thought it was" I said within me. It was very obvious dad has missed it but his refusal to retrace his steps made matters even worse.


I finished secondary school a year after that incident and I kept on trying admission but it wasn't just working out. The first examination I wrote, I failed one of the major required subjects and when I tried again, I passed the one I initially failed and failed another major subject again.

Well, I thanked God and I resulted to making use of both results. Result combination was something I never liked but here I was helpless and left with no choice but to accept it as my fate.


I wrote the entrance examination to the tertiary institution of my choice 4 times but I couldn't get admitted. I never envisioned all this all my years in secondary school. I always believed I could write an exam once and go through. But here I was hopeless and helpless.


 It is true of the saying "Whoever wants to dine with the devil must prepare a long spoon". I dined with the devil but without a long spoon.


Out of frustration, the supposed fifth time I was to take the entrance exams, a friend introduced me to a guy that works at a cyber cafe. He promised me heaven and earth along side the long awaited admission. He promised to help me get admitted in the university. According to him, his uncle was a professor there and he could easily give him my name and on a platter of gold without stress I'll be admitted even on first batch.


That sounds nice. Five years fighting for admission wasn't a thing of joke. I was ready to do anything to get it this time. I accepted his offer but little did I know that it came with a price. Before long, he made his intentions known about liking me. I was angry at first but I later gave in, knowing fully well he will be of help to me. 


I weighed the two options ; turning my back on him and risk not getting admitted again? Or playing his game or mine whichever, get my admission and quietly walk out on him. Of course I chose the latter. I thought I could get my admission after which I call it quit with him. 

I thought I was using him but I was played instead.


I was in church one Sunday morning and was leading a praise session when I suddenly slumped. I had bled throughout the night but I couldn't tell my parents at home. 

I was rushed to the hospital. And before we knew what was happening, news went round. From one media house to another. Different captions and painful tags that was put on what happened. 


Some said my dad used his only child for sacrifice renewals when he has no one left in his church to use while some others tagged some other strange things I can't even remember.


"She has been badly injured during an abortion and it seemed she has had several before now; like this is the 5th or 6th abortion" Doctor Edward said.

My mom started shouting and crying. She moved to the side of the bed where I laid and asked who was responsible for all the mess I've gotten myself into.


They never knew I've been playing a double-faced game for them at home. The angel at home and the devil outside. A perfect description for that would be a green snake under the green grass.


After so much persuasion, I told them I was pregnant for Jacob, the cafe guy, my mother was crying with her hands on her head while my father was just pacing round the room. 

I gave my parents the address of the guy's cafe and in case they don't meet him there, I also gave them his house address. But the news of what happened to me had gone round. He heard it too and he picked a few of his belongings and ran away.


It was later discovered that he was only helping them at the cafe while learning how to operate computers. He wasn't the owner of the shop but he made me believed he was.

My parents tried their best to find him but all attempts proof abortive and they eventually gave up trying.


The doctor came with another news and that was the last straw that broke the camel's back. 

"The last abortion she did ruptured her womb badly. It was greatly damaged and I'm afraid we will have to remove her womb" the doctor ended sadly. 


"So, she can't bear children again?" My dad asked 

"I'm afraid yes" the doctor replied.


My father eventually was asked to excuse the church and he was stopped from all activities. My mom couldn't bear the shame of all that happened.


We relocated to a far City and there, God restored my father as he retraced his steps back to Him. God gave my family another chance which I know was very rare. Indeed God works in mysterious ways.


God saw me through my challenges too and gave me a second chance and I decided I wasn't going to get married but give all my life to God and His service. 

I opened a Charity centre and gave help to orphans as I was led.


That was what gave birth to 'Zion Charity and Orphanage Home'.


It was indeed 'TANGLED' but God wrote the script of my life and brought the MESSAGE from my MESS.


This is the story of my life. The only consolation I have now is from His word in Psalm 126: 1 to 3


"When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, the LORD hath done great things for them. The LORD has done great things for us, whereof we are glad."


I remain Lady Evangelist Benedicta Badmus.


Say the following prayers with me as we round off.


1. May I never take God's Grace for granted.

2. May it never be too late for me before I retrace my steps back to God.

3. Every spirit of pride and unforgiveness, may Jesus wash it away with His blood.

4. We cancel all the devil's plan over our lives and ministry.

5. And may God give us the last Grace to reign with Him on high.


"In JESUS name we pray" I said as we shared the Grace and called it a day!


THE END.



List of O'nezer Stories. 
1. Pamilerin
2. The wedding reception
3. Last Sunday evening
4. End of the tunnel
5. Dark path
6. Adopted
7. Adebimpe
8. Facebook fiancé
9. Corper Wale
10. The wait
11. Lily
12. Shattered
13. Boomerang (story of brother bode)
14. Beyond the shade
15. Happy child with many sorrow
16. Sleevless 
17. FOLA
18. The Leap Year 
19. TANGLED 
If you miss any of this stories, you can read through on osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com or check Facebook: Osunniran Ebenezer stories by O'nezer 

1 comment:

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...