Monday 5 October 2020

TANGLED S2 EP9

Season 2, Episode 9.

The shout woke us up around 3am. Naturally, two things wake my mom. Sound and if you put on the light. The only time this failed was when she was hospitalised that time of the accident. 

Suddenly, we heard a bang on our door. It was loud and a bit scary, we weren't sure whether to put on the light at that moment or leave it off.

In our state of confusion and fear, there was thunderstorm, it was about to rain. The confidence that there was a light was still there until our country people showed us their real color.
A little breeze, they've taken the light and the heavier the rain, the narrower the chances of having light for the next few days.

Combination of thunder and lightning out there was a sign that a heavy rain was coming, now the shout and then the bang on the door. It was a scary moment that took me a while to get over.

In the bid of trying to figure out what was happening, I tiptoed to the sitting room after leaving mom's room but on mom's way to daddy's room, they coincidentally collide and fell. Out of fear, they both screamed out.

Dad pulled himself up and mom too. He walked towards the door and summoned courage to open the door but that wasn't after he peeped through the small hole in the door but that failed him as there was no light to aid in seeing through it. Everywhere was dark. Inside and outside.

"Who is that?" My father asked.
"Yes sir, please sir, we've been knocking since" the unknown person replied but the voice was familiar.

"Is that not Sister Lois Bassey? Mommy twins?" My mother asked to be sure. My mom with her skills of keeping people's voices in her head.
"Mommy twins is that you?" my father needed to be sure since anyone can act another's voice as well. He suspected a set up.

I don't know where the funny thought dropped in my mind that, what if there are thieves outside, holding a gun to her head and asking her to talk so we can open the door? Well it was just a thought I hoped it wasn't true.

"Yes sir, I am the one. I am, please help us sir" she started pleading amidst tears. My mom quickly reached for the rechargeable lamp that was on the centre table and switched it on while dad opened the door.

"What's going on? Where is your husband? This is 3am and being out by now could be dangerous." My dad said.

"It is twins oo, I cooked this evening and we all ate. Their dad is part of those doing watch in church tonight; he will be back tomorrow morning" she started to explain as my mother told her to sit down first but she refused that what she came for is more than sitting down.
"We went to sleep after eating, and that was how Goodness shouted from her sleep and immediately she couldn't walk or raise her hand again" she burst into tears.

"Wait, what of her twin sister Mercy?" My dad asked but this time around, my mom wasn't comfortable with further questions rather solution and the way out.
"Please sir, come and help me pray for my child. Please sir".

The lightning hasn't stopped and it hasn't started raining too. Immediately, my dad reached for the anointing oil that has been prayed on and his Bible. I wasn't going to stay home alone so I joined. We all rushed out and followed mommy twins home. 

On getting to the house, Goodness, the one with the hand and leg issue was just on the floor and not moving while the other one was crying.
"There is nothing too big for God to do, stop crying ehn" my mother tried to calm the woman as well as the other twin sister.

"Miracles, signs and wonders has been happening since I became the pastor of the church and I know today also won't be an exception as it will be added to the history, news and testimony around" my dad started with his self glorifying attitude.
My dad laid his hand on the child and started praying. He was sweating even in the cold weather. The sweat wasn't from the stress of praying but from praying and not seeing the usual and expected result.

Over time, God has helped dad in such a way that, it was a call away calling down the heavens and heaven will give us the peace and assurance with faith that he will do it. But this time around, it was obvious God was about to resist the proud and exalt the humble.

After countless attempt, nothing happened. It was fruitless. This left dad to a bigger shock and disappointment. Checking the time was when we realised that we've been in their house for about an hour and 30 minutes.

We left the house while dad gave her his word to come back and check on her, also that we will keep praying for them as soon as we get back to our lodge. 
Dad and mom couldn't sleep back that night but the moment I entered my room, I slept off and it was the early morning prayer song from my mom that woke me up.

Mommy twins lost both kids almost same time and this got to me. Imagine the pain brother Bassey and his wife will be going through loosing two kids almost same time. This was a dark time of their lives.

Of a truth, when the head is faulty, the whole body is in trouble.

Something else happened that crowned this story of mine and that's why we are here today.

What happened?
Find out in the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...