Friday 27 November 2020

BUT Episode 6

 Episode 6



Deborah dropped her drink, picked a serviette  from a small round jar at the center of the table and wiped the corner of her mouth as she continued the story she was saying.


"I was sitting close to the door, so if anything was going to happen at all, it should definitely start at the door, but one way or the other, I was ignored. The elderly woman in front stepped out of the bus. Shortly after, 4 well body - built men came out of the building and started talking with the elderly woman. Although I couldn't hear them well, but it sounded like they were all working together."


"One of my initial concerns was why Mr Saka couldn't even say no or do anything at all. The elderly woman and the men started moving closer to the bus and that was when I heard her say  that she already placed her hand on the driver and so he is not conscious of his environment. Immediately she said that, she laughed so loud and my heart started beating faster than before. Deep down, I knew we were in trouble and we've picked the wrong set of people."


"My fears got confirmed, when the man on green polo who entered with the elderly woman  opened his eyes and greeted one of the men. That was  when I knew that this woman and the man on polo worked together. He struggled to pass over the person beside me, who was  deeply asleep and then he moved my legs so he could pass as well. As soon as he came down from the bus, the 4 men split themselves and started carrying everyone one after the other."


"They had carried everyone in, remaining myself and Mr Saka. I couldn't pretend I was sleeping again, so out of fear, I opened my eyes. It was the man on polo that found out and that was what saved me, because had it been it was the elderly woman, I don't know what would have happened."


"I hope they didn't hurt you knowing that you didn't sleep" Beatrice asked. 


"That's exactly what I'm about narrating oo" Deborah rolled her eyes as she smiled. 


"We are with you" Selina added.


"The man on polo brought out an handkerchief and tied my eyes with. He held my hand and told me to come along. He would tell me where to raise my legs and where to jump. I wasn't sure if I should regard him as helping me or hurting me. My head couldn't even process everything going on around me."


"If I should guess in my head the number of minutes we walked, it should be about 5 minutes. The closer we got to where we were going, the more we could hear different sounds and perceive a kind of offensive smell"


"My legs were already shaking and my waist was beginning to ache. I wanted to push the man, but at the same time, I didn't want to die in the process of struggling to escape. Also, I didn't know where Mr Saka was. I was thinking about my family and what they would be going through knowing that their daughter is lost and dead"


"You are welcome here was what I heard from an unfamiliar face and the man on polo that I felt has been holding me since, whispered to my ears that whatever I see or hear, I should never say it out. I nodded my head to show that I agreed to whatever the demand was. I kept hearing people talk here and there but I couldn't figure out the smell."


"Immediately, the man removed the  handkerchief from my eyes. What I saw ehn,  I really don't know how to even put my emotions into words right now."


"What did you see?" Selina shouted. 


"You love stories too much, stop interrupting na" Beatrice said jokingly.


What did Deborah see?

Find out in the next episode

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...