Saturday 28 November 2020

BUT Episode 7

 Episode 7



Deborah would love to hear other people's story, but it seemed she was taking too much time already, so she tried to hasten up.


"Na who bring this minor come here?" Someone who seemed like the boss shouted and everyone startled. I looked around and realised that it's a well organised market place."


"Market place? For what?" Selina can be so inquisitive and that's one of the unique things about her.


"They sell human parts actually.


" Jesus!!!" Beatrice and Selina shouted in shock.


"  My dears, I was shocked. I was so scared that my legs were shaking vigorously. I saw people, I mean big big people coming in and out of the main building with their bags and sack. So all along that I was perceiving something unfamiliar, I never knew it was the smell of dead bodies and all of that."


"I threw up 2 times in the space of 5 minutes, so they kept on changing my location and cleaning the mess I made up. The last room I was taken to, I met other young people like me there. Only God knows how long some of those people had been there. Some parents would have given up the search for their children, not knowing that they were being kept in a building far away from town."


"Few minutes later, someone dressed like a chef entered the room with food and started sharing it to the young people there. I couldn't even take the food because I lost appetite already. Also, the fact that they might be serving them human meat turned me off completely. The hunger on the faces of some of them,  wouldn't even let them turn down such food. Besides, I don't know how often they ate."


"By mind calculation, I could guess that we had stayed in the building for nothing less than 3 hours. Some of the people in the room I was, had laid on the floor and slept off.  I wondered how long I would be here, would I make it out or not?"


"The day kept on running tinto noon and the night was  crawling in already. I heard the door open, so I struggled to look through the door to see who it was. Guess who? Deborah said 


"We weren't there with you, tell us who it was" Selina said


"And you know I am bad at guessing" Beatrice added.


"The man on polo walked into the room, told me to stand and follow him. He told me his mind was not at rest and he felt like helping me. I was wondering what kind of help he was going to offer. He took me through a door that led to the back of the building, I looked around and followed him. He knew that if they found out that he had betrayed them, they might kill him, so he said to me that if he dies helping me, he has lived a good life for the first time in a long while."


"He told me he knew that I wasn't sleeping while in the bus and that the moment he saw me at the entrance of the bus as a conductor, he was moved by the state of hopelessness that would have led me to do that kind of job. He dipped his hand into his bag and brought out bread, he asked me to eat it, that he meant no harm. I collected the bread and took some bite as we walked. He said he might not be able to help me walk the way out to the main road, but he would see me through a path where I can find my way home."


"He told me as well that he never wanted to join this body parts selling business, but his uncle who is one of the leaders, took him in when his own parents died many years ago. He always follow mama out to source for people that can be kidnapped and sold to those in need of body parts. He suddenly stopped talking about himself and asked what led me to become a conductor, so I narrated my family issues to him. I asked for his name but he refused, with the excuse of security purposes"


"There was silence for a few minutes, but the silence was broken by the sound coming from the zip of his cross bag. He dipped his hand into the bag again and  handed me a complementary card. Then he said it was  time for him to go back before they started looking for him. He pointed to me the way out and I kept going."


"By the time i got to the church compound, it was dark and the church gate was already locked from behind. I knocked with the last strength left in me and the security man opened the gate. I went straight to where my parents were. All I could hear were just echos of their voices. I couldn't talk or hear anything they were asking me. In no time, I passed out and everything became blank"


"That's a whole lot, it can be traumatic having to pass through all these" Beatrice said.


"So what happened when you passed out?"


Watch out for what next in the next episode

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...