Monday 30 November 2020

BUT Episode 9

 Episode 9



"Come to Silicon street along Fidemal road, you will see a cream colored building with a blue roof and a red gate. You have to be there as early as possible on Monday morning. When the person said that, the whole kidnap experience flashed through my mind again and i suddenly became scared. My hands began to shake and my feet suddenly became cold. Mum rushed in and asked me what was  going on. I was torn between telling her for security reasons and not telling her, so as  not to ignite fear in her heart."


"I narrated the part of how the guy that helped me that night gave me the card and asked me to call the number on it. My mom collected the card and read what was on it.  I did not even pay attention to the details around it, the only thing on my mind was calling the number and  knowing what would happen." 


"Thompson Immaculate Consultancy is the firm while the C.E.O name written under it is Gabriel Thompson. My mother said we would go together as she cant afford to loose anyone again. Dad had gone out as usual to sort out the schooling of my siblings which had been  partially on hold."


"On the morning we were asked to come, we woke up early and set out of the house. Since we were not too familiar with the area, we didn't want to get in late. On the long run,It wasn't so hard getting the location. We took the first cab and alighted at a junction where we boarded another cab that was going directly to the area. We met the building just exactly as it was described. Initially, we thought it was going to be a live - in  house, not knowing it was a work place."


"The security man asked us who we wanted to see,  but before I could answer, my mom just mentioned the C.E.O's name as if she knows him. The security man directed us to the lobby where we registered our names and other details such as: who we wanted to meet with, the purpose of the meeting and the likely duration of the meeting. Since everything is timed with all consciousness in the firm."


"We waited for about 35 minutes before it was our turn. The secretary  came to the lobby to call the next person in. When we entered the office, the man was standing close to the shelve, looking for a file. He wasn't facing us when he asked us to take our sit and that he would join us shortly. The minute he faced us, my mother shouted Thompson and the man called my mothr's name Esther. He was repeatedly asking Esther is this you? I sat there confused, wondering what was going on."


"He asked my mom if I am her daughter and she said yes. They started talking and doing some catching up. I was trying to connect the dots, until my mother said to me that Thompson was her former hostel mate back  at the  Polytechnic. When they talked to the point of what my mother was doing at the moment, the man felt pity for us with all we had gone through."


"He told us about one of his 3 bedroom apartments he was looking to either sell or put out for rent. He said to my mother that if she wouldn't mind, we could move in there. He also promised to help in anyway he could. My mom broke down in tears, she couldn't believe what was happening, she couldn't believe things were finally falling in place. That meeting was the beginning of our breakthrough."


"Days  turned into weeks, we left the church compound and moved to the new house. Things started getting better for us. My siblings went back to school at a nearby school and my mother started selling provisions and drinks in a small kiosk beside the house. Mr Thompson also directed my father to one company around the area. The company  loved his experience because it was a perfect match for the available position."


 Before I round up, we had the opportunity to visit Mr Saka at the prison. He was given 7 years imprisonment for being a part of the evil, while majority of those involved were given life Imprisonment.  Mr Saka told me that he didn't pick any man on polo that day, I was confused and I tried to remind him that maybe he forgot or something but he said we didn't." 


"Maybe the person was your angel oo, who knows." Selina said. 


"To cut the long story short." Deborah said and they all laughed at her that which story is she cutting short after she had cut the short story long. 


"Anyways, you understand what I'm saying. That was how I went to write my senior exams again and my university entrance exams. I met Christ through my roommate in year 1 and since that time, i dedicated my life to God, that come what may, I will never take his grace and favor for granted".


"This your story really touched me and I know that sometimes, God takes us through some things just to show forth his glory in our lives." Beatrice said.


"That reminds me, Selina you said you know about Royal mill company where my father was laid off? Tell me about it. Deborah said.


"That's true o, I almost forgot too" Beatrice added.


Selina smiled as she drew her seat closer to the table.


What did she know?

Find out in the next episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...