Tuesday 19 December 2017

LILY Episode 5

Lily
Story by O'nezer
Episode 5

"What did she say?" I asked curiously. I had expected the worst. More than 20 different men had sex with me within the space of 4months and all out of my wish.

"It's nothing my dear" daddy placed his hand on my leg.

"You know I won't fall for that. Now tell me what he said. Am I pregnant or I have some deadly disease?" I asked without blinking. Such confidence to face my parents.

"Yes, you have some STD's that are being treated already, but no deadly disease." Dad said confidently.

"Then why the sad face?" I hissed not sure when I did that.

"Or am I pregnant?" I asked my parents to be sure.

"God forbid!" mummy snapped her fingers while daddy pulled a chair in the room closer to my bed.

"My daughter" daddy held my right hand.

"They can't discharge you yet as you will need to be in rehabilitation for a while"

"I don't need it!" I cut in with dad taking my hand away from his.

"You really do need this to be fine again" my dad's words felt like some kind of comical advice and I couldn't help myself from laughing so hard.

"Who told you I'll ever be fine again? I'm broken beyond repair! Don't you get it!" I cried out trying to drop a tear, but it failed me. Like a child pretending to be sober, I tried to force the tears, but no way.

It took my parents involving Funmi in the plea before I could give it a thought.

"I respect you so much and I'll do this because of you" I stared into Funmi's eyes some days later. I saw who I used to be and I regret all that had happened to me.

"Thank you twinie for accepting to be free" Funmi ever charming smile seems to revive my hope, but I wasn't sure what I was feeling. I only wanted to please everyone and probably start my life all over again somewhere else far away.

The day came and a Physiologist came into the hospital ward that morning and every other morning.

"I know you're broken, but you have to help yourself at this juncture" Mrs Omolope as she had formerly introduced herself advised.

"Are you a Professional at all?" I was filled with fury.

Mrs Omolope kept trying to make me talk about ME.

"Aside all that happened with Kunle, you are hiding a lot and you can't bottle it up forever, else it will explode within you and you will have to bear the brunt at the odd time. Face it now!" she almost screamed.

This had been our topic for days and I was tired of her telling me there was so much I'm yet to say. But this session with her, her last words before she bade goodbye for the day cut deep.

"I'll only talk when my parents are here" I sat up in bed as Mrs Omolope was about to turn the knobs of the hospital ward. It was a private ward and I had a room with two beds to myself.

"Are you sure? Is that what you want?" Mrs Omolope turned back and looked me in the eyes to be sure.

"If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't be telling you" I turned to lie down.

"Please, I'll love to have Funmi around whenever you fix the big talk to be" I rolled my eyes and placed my pillow right, listening to Mrs Omolope's footsteps as she walked out of the ward.

Funmi had told me that Kunle had been arraigned in the high court.

"You know it's a serious case. You need to be strong and ready to witness against that animal Kunle. I heard they are other girls who will witness against him too." Funmi narrated.

"Hmmm... Let's see how it goes." I knew I wasn't ready to face the shame, but Funmi had such control over me that made me succumb to her desire.

"Good morning beautiful ladies" Mrs Omolope walked into the ward looking more beautiful than I have ever known her to be.

"You look good today ma" I couldn't help but to compliment.

"Thank you!" she smiled confidently.

"Where are your parent?" Mrs Omolope asked turning her wrist to check the time.

"Maybe they are busy with some things" I smiled knowing how ever busy my parents could be save for the situation I'm in.

"Let's wait for some minutes before we place a call through to them. They are lodging in the guest house and due to the crowd, they might have issues getting ready on time" Mrs Omolope encouraged.

We waited and kept talking along side Funmi when my parents came in.

"Finally" I muttered looking at them with disgust.

"We are sorry for keeping you waiting. We had issues taking our bath due to the crowd in the guest house" Daddy explained quite nervous.

"I understand" Mrs Omolope calmly said.

I had always admired that about her. The way she handled provoking situations like it was nothing.

"She is really born for this" I shook my head in admiration as she directed my parents to sit down and Funmi sat beside me still holding my hand.

"Miss Lilian Chukwu, the floor is now yours, let's hear what you have to say and remember, do not try to bottle any bit of it in. Let it all out" Mrs Omolope said and her words reminded me that I'm not as strong as I thought.

I turned to mummy who was looking really nervous and daddy was obviously scared.

What next??
Watch out for the next episode to know what Lilian is about to say.
osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...