Monday 1 June 2020

FOLA Season 2 Episode 1


Season 2, Episode 1


"Ah... ah" was just coming from the congregation as a man on well-ironed-not-too-shouty blue and white agbada with his crystal shine black shoe walked forward. He has dark shade glasses on with a staff in his right hand. 

In a minute, I forgot that I was faced with 3 different standing fans, one from the choir side, one from the ministers side and the last one close to the pulpit. With all this fan, my Best lady, Bimpe was still fanning me with the bridal fancy fan in her hands.

I had no idea who the man was and why he was walking down from the last row of the auditorium to the front where the pastor was trying to hand me over to my husband to be.

The ushers tried to stop him but all the attempts proved abortive. We wouldn't have noticed on time if not for the murmurings and noise coming from the congregation.

I looked at my father to communicate with him from the place I was standing to ask him if he had any idea of who the man is. My husband-to-be was also asking his parents using his head to communicate to them if they have any link to the man walking down to the altar.

"I am not going to cause any drama here at all, I just feel this is the best time to settle our unfinished business amicably" the man said in a deep-not-angry kind of tone.

What are they settling that can't be done after the wedding? I can't wrap my head around having any unfinished business with anyone. 

I remembered my fiance telling me on one of our hangout dates during courtship about the lady he was supposed to get married to but they couldn't get married due to so many things. 

"You see Kate that I was dating before, she's abusive and her anger is just out of this world. Whenever she's angry, she can bring down the roof in a minute". My fiance told me of how she once threw the TV set to his face in one of their arguments. 

The last one that made them break up finally was the day they had a little misunderstanding on an occasion, Kate slapped him in public and that was when he knew that he can't bring this lady home to his family.

He also added that every time he was supposed to meet with her family, it's always from one excuse to another which had made it impossible to even know Kate's dad.

Could this be Kate's father? I couldn't bring my mind together. I am so sweating under the wedding gown and my eyes are beginning to hurt and go itchy. 

No, maybe it's Rose, the girl that was always giving me bad eyes when I first started working in the organisation that I was posted to. My fiance told me they had a thing for each other and he remembered how many nights she would force him to say hello to her parents on the phone. I know my fiance had so many ladies around him.

I remembered another time that a lady was saying no to every suitor she was getting all in the name of dating Josh mentally.

Chioma, yes Chioma the girl Josh's family rejected because she was not from the same tribe as his family. I've always known how picky Josh's family can be.

I know how many times he had to convince and persuade his parents that ever since he set his eyes on me, he had already believed and knew that we would end up together. 

I remember the days when Josh begged his sisters, Josephine and Jane, to beg their parents to please accept me and let him be married in peace. This reason was part of why we couldn't get married immediately after service year. It's from one issue to another. 

The list is endless as my Fiance interrupted my thought by saying "dear, please calm down, I pray the Lord will take control".

I was feeling tired and sweaty from inside, I was just thinking but we prayed and did everything possible to avoid any issue like this. I know how many prayers and fasting we had all in the name of preparing for today.


Pastor summoned the courage to ask the man who he is and who he has business with but the man is so full of himself. As the pastor was asking him questions, instead of replying, he was playing with his moustache.

My Fiance's dad couldn't take the drama any longer, he walked up to the man and begged him that they can settle anything that might be the issue after the wedding. The wedding that is supposed to be for 2 hours will now be extended and they can't afford to delay all their guests that will be waiting at the reception for them.

My Fiance's family is one big family that people came all around for them. In short, a bigger number of the congregation that graced that occasion are from his family.
Some of his uncles and aunts are abroad based and all of them came home for the wedding. 

Oh, I didn't tell you that Josh is the first son of Engineer and Mrs Thomson Akindoyin. Yes, he is the first son and they are 3 all together. He has 2 other younger ones but they are females and even him, they gave birth to him after his parents had waited on God for 7 years.

To avoid the drama, Josh's dad spoke to this unknown man calmly but he pushed him away so that Josh's dad almost hit his head on the wooden chair inside the cathedral.

My husband to-be became furious and he left where I was standing to go confirm if his dad was injured. He wanted to fight the man but the man pointed the staff at him and told him to stay put.

"The pounded yam that we pounded years ago is still hot, today is the day that everyone of you will know what we cooked that the whole house got burnt" the man said out of irritation and anger. 

What does he have to say? What is this man here for? This and many other questions were running through my mind.

"I already told you I am not here to cause drama but if you want to make drama out of this, I will tell you that I'm a good drama director" was all he said before bringing out a white neat handkerchief from his agbada pocket. 

"Here is the truth you all don't know all this while" everywhere went silent as we all paid attention to what this man had to say.

What does he have to say?
Watch out for the next episode.

2 comments:

  1. Here we are again oo with the suspense 😂. Ko buru

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😀😀😀😀
    Thats how we see it oo

    ReplyDelete

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...