Thursday 4 June 2020

FOLA Season 2, Episode 4


Season 2, Episode 4

"Good morning ma, I am Doctor James, pleased to meet you" what a sweet reunion to have met my secondary school lover boy again.

Everyone else had gone back to their various places except for the pastor and the mummy that brought food for us.
The mummy had already slept off on the wooden chair close to the door because they all had sleepless nights praying that God should keep my dad and restore him back to life.

"Mom, you can't remember James again?" I asked my mother as she was looking all lost and confused. It's been a while and it's long enough to have skipped my mother's mind but on the other hand, with all that had happened with my family, I'm not sure my mother is even keeping anyone's face in mind now.

"Oh.. oh, James the pastor's son of our small church back then, sorry that I didn't greet you well, so much is going on right now and my mind isn't coordinated" 
James interrupted my mom with "all will be well ma, let's trust God for a miracle"

I narrated what had led my father to be in this state that he was now and how my wedding had been scattered just because someone showed up from nowhere to claim that he is my father. 

"We will come back to that, can we go check him and see how well he is doing now?" James said to me calmly as he took the lead and my mom followed as well as myself. 

Thank God we entered that time that we did. We saw dad gasping and trying to catch his breath. James tried to place his hand on my dad's chest to bring him back and calm him down.

After several attempts, dad became calm and he gradually opened his eyes. My mother quickly rushed to the side of the bed, holding his hands and was crying.

James tried to calm my mother down that we should at least thank God he is back to live. Deep down, my mother is the only one that can really express and explain better how she got into the mess that scattered my wedding.

"I saw a revelation but wait... where am I? How did I get here? were the questions my dad first asked as he gradually opened his eyes. 
I told him he is at the hospital but before I could land on what I was saying, my mother cut in and started begging my dad to forgive her. 

If we are to think about it and if truly my mother did what she did, would my father forgive her? Is this offense not too big to handle?

My father struggled to sit up and he requested for water. This time, the pastor and the other mummy had joined us in the ward where my dad was.

"I saw a revelation and he was telling me that before I met him, I had done worse things  and he forgave me and he kept on giving me more chances. Beyond that, he showed me the scars on his body, the marks nail made through his palms and feet and many more. I told him it's hard to accept and admit that a woman I love hurt me so badly but he kept on saying what love is greater than someone who left his throne to come and make ways for me to have access back to God? what is the pain you have gone through that Jesus hasn't gone through?" my dad said amidst tears as he held my mother's hand.

"I saw my life in a flash and in a moment he took me back to where he picked me from, he showed me the life I used to live before he rescued me, he showed me how many times he has saved me even when I refused to acknowledge him, my dear this may be hard to admit but I forgive you" my dad said as he cried uncontrollably.

"Forgive me ke?" My mother broke down in tears, I don't know whether to link that up to tears of joy or sadness. 

My father was just repeatedly saying "if he can forgive me, why won't I forgive others". His words melted my heart so much that I couldn't control my tears any longer.

Everywhere went so quiet that we all were just looking at each other's faces like what's going to happen next.

"We should let him rest now" James broke the silence and he asked my mother, the pastor and the other woman to wait at the lobby.

I followed James to his office and he was telling me about how he had left the town back then. He also proceeded to study medicine on scholarship in an international university. He wasn't planning on coming back to stay but the holy spirit wouldn't stop telling him that he has some assignment for him back here. He had to come back to work here, he had also worked in about 3 different hospitals within the period that he came back.

It was as if this moment should not be over as I paid rapt attention to his journey so far. I told him that I have to quickly check the pastor and my mom to know what next.

"It's nice meeting you again, I hope we stay in touch this time around" James said with all excitement.
Deep down, I'm excited too but there is this feeling of pain and sadness in my heart about the way everything went and how messed up my life is right now.

Immediately I stepped outside, I saw my mother thanking the pastor and the other woman as they were set to go back to their various houses. I saw someone coming but I could not be assuming anything since where I was at that moment was a hospital, anyone could have come for anyone.

"Good morning, I am directed to give you this letter" a young unfamiliar face came inside the hospital to deliver this letter.

What's the letter about?
Wait for the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...