Friday 5 June 2020

FOLA Season 2, Episode 5


Season 2, Episode 5.


"Are you for real? Like seriously" I couldn't help but shout.
One of the nurses at the reception facing the lobby came around to tell me my voice is too loud and that some of the patients are resting. 

I don't know if to go back to James or my mother. I can't go to my father so I don't add more to what is on ground. I tried to put myself together as if everything was fine.

"Why are you looking so confused? What are you hiding you this girl" my mother knew me so well that every of my emotions are always all written over. I don't even know how to fake a smile or pretend that I'm fine. 

As I was about to start talking, tears started rolling from my eyes and my mother hijacked the letter from me when she noticed that I wasn't ready to talk.

She opened the letter and started reading. It was then she realised the letter is from my daughter's school.

"We are sad to announce to you about the fire outbreak that happened in the school over the weekend and we realised that your child's hostel was part of the hostel that got burnt. Due to this, we have asked the students to go home for a week so we can get the school fixed and we apologise for any inconvenience this might cause you" my mother read out the letter and sighed.

I was so worried. what if there wasn't a wedding going on at the moment, was that how my daughter would have been involved in the fire accident?

All the time we were at the hospital, my daughter was at home with cousins and other family friends that came around for the wedding. She witnessed all the drama that happened on the wedding day.
But to avoid creating more fear in her, she wasn't allowed to come to the hospital with us.

Oh, I didn't tell you that my daughter is now 10 years old. It's about 10 years ago that a sad incident happened in my house and the result is my daughter. Yes, she's doing fine and she's now in Junior School 1.

I didn't want her to be a burden to my parents so I took pain to send her to a boarding school. I remembered how much fight I had with my parents before they agreed that I send her to a boarding school. 

"Better let's be thanking God that it's not more than this" my mother stopped me from looking so worried and thanked God that we didn't lose anyone. 

I don't know why the tears even came up but I know i have so much going on in my life right now. I couldn't just help but cry, I am grateful for another testimony of not letting us lose anyone again.  

Truly, all things work together for good to those that love the Lord. If there wasn't a wedding, she would have been in school. The wedding that has turned sour was also a blessing in disguise.....hmmmm

My mother walked down to my father's ward and I followed her. He requested for food as he hasn't taken anything really good for almost 24 hours now.
My mother rushed out to go prepare food for my father. Our house isn't too far from the hospital. 

It was when she got home that she got to know the postman stopped by at the house and they had described the hospital for him. No one in the house knew what the letter was about but my mom tried as much as possible not to tell them what the letter contained. But told them that dad is getting better. 

I got this house for my parents shortly after I got a job. It was very necessary we left where we were before. I paid for the house and furnished it for them. I tried to set up a small provision shop for my mother in front of the house so that it can be a means for them to have money on them.

Thank goodness, my mother wouldn't have to cook as part of the party rice was still remaining at home. My mother left for the house and not long after, I went to James' office. 

On getting there, I didn't see him there. Maybe he had gone out when I was with my father in his ward I thought. 
I asked the nurse from the reception of his whereabouts.
The nurse told me he was called to attend to a patient in ward 7 which is not far from the ward my father is.

As at the time we were all running around for my dad's health and all,  my husband followed us at that moment, but he couldn't stay that Saturday because he had to meet with his family and apologise for all that had happened. 

He promised to check back very soon once he is done with the meeting with his family. I waited almost all day but I didn't see him. I was having this funny feeling that something bad had happened but every time that thought crossed my mind, I would quickly shove it off and shout the blood of Jesus.

Minutes later, my mother came back with a basket of food. She brought fruits from some of the one given us during the traditional wedding. She also came with milk and milo in case he wanted to drink tea.

Today is Sunday and was supposed to be our Thanksgiving in church but here we are at the hospital trying to save a life. I am still wondering why my husband isn't showing up but I just want this phase to pass on time so we can go back to our normal life. I'm missing Josh already, real bad.

"Well done ma, how is he feeling now?" James said from the door. He came closer and touched my dad and he realised he is getting better. 

"He will be okay, just let him eat and rest more" was all James said after which he turned to me asking how I'm feeling.

I told him I already checked for him in his office but the nurse told me he had gone to attend to a patient at the next ward. After we talked a bit, he started teasing me with all our childhood hide and seek love and how everyone back then did call us Romeo and Juliet.

"Although, I think I need to tell you this, I don't know how you will take it anyways"
What?

What does he have to say?

Watch out for the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...