Monday 8 June 2020

FOLA Season 2, Episode 8


Season 2, Episode 8 (finale)

"The groom will come out now and give the vote of thanks and afterwards, Dr James will give the closing prayer" the MC had said.

Oh, I didn't tell you that James was married? He got married like a year before we met at the hospital to Grace. In one of my conversations with James, he mentioned a story of when his wife was kidnapped at age 13 by one herbalist. Immediately I could relate with the story. What a small world!

Who could ever believe that I will end up meeting the fire branded lady that led a whole herbalist to christ. I was so excited to meet her, a very reserved and calm, light skinned, not too tall young lady.

My husband did the vote of thanks and James who had graced the occasion with his wife came to give the closing prayer. Music started playing and my husband started thanking the people and I followed him. 

"Congratulations my dear brother, sorry that I couldn't make it to church.. It was my twin brother Tunbosun that delayed me, his car was faulty" Tunde said as he is holding my husband's hand.

"My dear, meet Pastor Tunde and his twin brother" my husband said but as I moved closer, I saw Tunbosun dimmed his eyes to catch a thought of where he might have known me.

Remember Tunde is now a pastor and his brother too is a music minister that goes from one church to another for ministration. He is also the owner of "Tee for Jesus Band"

Olatunde and Olatunbosun Jones

No matter the twin similarities, Tunde has always been the gentle easy going type while his brother is the trouble maker. Many times, Tunbosun will be the one to get into trouble but they will think its Tunde because the resemblance is so much.

"Jesus.... Jesus"  Tunbosun started shouting Jesus! but I was clueless about what was going on. Attention has been shifted from Pastor Tunde to Tunbosun and we were lost on what might be going on. Tunbosun whisper to Tunde's ear that he would love to tell my husband something. Pastor Tunde  requested my husband to excuse him that he needs to tell him something. 

My husband insisted that we are one now and anything he wants to say, he can say it but he begged my husband to come outside. I left them and went to the table where my parents were sitting with my baby girl.

My husband later came to call me and he relayed what they had talked about. Oh my God! Tunbosun was the ringleader of the thieves that came to our house that night. 

Tunde was at home reading and preparing for exams and Tunbosun was supposed to be with him that night but he lied that he wants to go get a text book at his friends place. 

Pastor Tunde is married with  2 kids and the wife too is in the ministry with him but couldnt grace the occasion with them as they couldn't bring their personal car.

Tunbosun explained how he has gotten married 3 times in the space of 5 years as every of his wife keeps dying at the point of childbirth. It was one of their family pastors that God showed the revelation that he has committed an atrocity in the past that is bringing all this. He also added that severally he has been told that he has a child somewhere and he needs the forgiveness of that woman before things can go back to normal for him.

I was angry, I started crying and I was almost cursing him at that spot. Attention was already drawn to where we were all standing. My husband was trying to calm me down but I didn't want to hear anything at that moment.

"I am very sorry for every pain I have put you through, I regret every decision I made and I wish I can take back the hands of time" Tunbosun was saying amidst tears and he was already on his knees.  Pastor Tunde also joined him and they both started begging.

"Mommy, what's going on again?" My baby girl walked up to me and I couldn't help but cry. I felt bitter in my heart but the spirit was poking me that I need to forgive this man and let go of every bitterness in my heart.

I cried like a baby that day but I felt better telling him that I've forgiven him wholeheartedly. I told my daughter here is her father.

"DNA test" my husband said and I supported immediately because we didn't want any more stories that touch the heart.

The reception was over and everyone was back to their various destinations. 

We fixed an appointment with Dr James and we carried out the test that confirmed Tunbosun to be the father of my baby girl.

My family became friends with Dr James' family.

2 years later, we all attended Tunbosun's wedding and one night he called us that his wife had been delivered by a bouncing baby boy.

At that time, I was pregnant, and I couldn't go for the child's naming ceremony as I was heavy and couldn't move around. 

A week later, I gave birth to a baby girl. The joy that day knew no bound. I couldn't stop crying but this time it was tears of joy.

Today, I will introduce my family to you but before I continue, I can't but thank God who has brought me this far. Through thick and thin, he is a faithful God. 

I am not the only one in this Women Empowerment live show, here is my father, Mr Toba Olanrewaju, I also have my superhero mama here, Mrs Becky Olanrewaju and here is Mr Tunbosun Jones with his wife Tofunmi Jones.

Here is my husband, Mr Josh Akindoyin and my first daughter, Ayomide Olanrewaju. Well, I registered her with my father's name due to the story around her birth and since her father showed up as well, he agreed we leave her to bear my father's surname but he will take full responsibility of her needs.

My new baby, AFOLAJESU, simply shortened as FOLA. The name is just the summary of my journey and it means "It's only Jesus Grace" others may interpret it as "Its a privilege Jesus alone can give"

I won't forget to introduce myself, I am Olamide Akindoyin (Nee Olanrewaju)

Everyone started clapping, standing up and celebrating God's grace over my life while some others were speechless as they dab the tears from their faces.

End Note:
To everything you have ever gone through, God will come through for you and make your life a testimony. 

The END

List of O'nezer Stories. 
1. Pamilerin
2. The wedding reception
3. Last Sunday evening
4. End of the tunnel
5. Dark path
6. Adopted
7. Adebimpe
8. Facebook fiancé
9. Corper Wale
10. The wait
11. Lily
12. Shattered
13. Boomerang (story of brother bode)
14. Beyond the shade
15. Happy child with many sorrow
16. Sleevless 
17. FOLA
If you miss any of this stories, you can read through on osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com or check Facebook: Osunniran Ebenezer

1 comment:

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...