Sunday 7 June 2020

FOLA Season 2, Episode 7

Season 2, Episode 7.

"Ok, since you said I should go first, I will but I don't even know how to say this" Josh said with a shaky voice.

My palm was getting sweaty already because I'm trying so hard to fight the negativity out of my head. I don't know what I will do to myself if he eventually called this whole relationship off.

"I prayed and had my conviction severally so as to know the mind of God if he really wants me to marry you or not but all the signs were pointer that it's a yes!" The way Josh was saying all this, my heart was beating so fast and loud. I doubt if Josh wasn't hearing the way my heart was beating.

He locked his fingers into mine and he continued with what he was saying but my palms were still sweaty and my head had started banging.

Aside from the church pastor of where Josh worships, he has one other pastor, Tunde by name that they both went to same school and he was always talking about him but I haven't met him in person before.

"I spoke with my friend Tunde, the pastor, remember him?" He asked and I affirmed it. I don't know why he can't just go straight and tell me what exactly he has in mind. The longer he beats around the bush, the more my head kept banging and I was binding and casting the spirit of negativity under my breath.

"With all the drama that had happened, it was really a big fight in the family house and for the first time, I saw my parents disagree with my decision totally, they didn't want to have anything to do with my relationship with you". My heart skipped and I almost ran out of breath.


I knew it, I saw this coming! that his family might not want to have anything to do with this again. I've always known Josh to be someone who respects and fears his parents so much that they can easily influence his decisions. The fact that everyone else assume me to be a bastard and as well as having a child for an unknown man. I can remember well of how much fight it took him to make his family accept me and love me.

"I will take care of you and your baby" and many of the promises that Josh had told me, is this how everything will just end?

I interrupted him, asking what's going to happen now? Do we throw a relationship of over two years away just because of my mother's mistake?

"After the 3days fasting and prayer that I had with my friend Pastor Tunde, we prayed our way through and God gave us an assurance of victory. I spoke with my mom first and dad after, they both agreed that we pick another day for the wedding but this time around it will be with few people and it will be in one of the small parishes around us".

I didn't let him finish what else he had to say, I screamed so loud that people inside the house started peeping from the window to see what's happening. I couldn't hide my excitement that day, I never believed that things could start working for good for me.

All the while that we were at the hospital too, my pastor will always give me bible promises and assure me that God will give us total victory. I've heard several times how my pastor had told me he is praying for me and some other brethren in church are praying for my family..

Truly, there is nothing prayer cannot do. I'm finally going to be getting married to the love of my life. I can't keep calm and I wish the wedding day would come so fast already.

THIS GREAT GOD, WHAT CAN HE NOT DO? was just ringing in my head as tears started taking a stroll on my cheeks. I don't even know what next to say or do cause I was totally speechless. Deep down, I had my fears that things wouldn't end up well but God is good, all the time.

"I guess you wanted to tell me something the other time too" Josh interrupted my excitement. I have almost forgotten to tell Josh what had happened.

Oh, what I wanted to say? Well, I think testimony is plus one then cause what I want to tell you is also another testimony on it's own, I asked Josh to guess but he pulled my cheeks saying "I am not good at guessing and you know that, share the good news babe"

After the doctor carried out the test, we realised Mr Gabriel isn't my father!  I could read the anger on his face that day, it was as if he should slap the doctor or even do worse.

My mother rolled from one side of the wall to another with excitement. I have never seen my mother that happy and what surprised me most was the fact that my father forgave my mother after he recovered from his shock.

I couldn't imagine if my father had opened his eyes and sent my mother away or turned the whole thing upside down again. I can see God working in my stead.

A month later, Josh and I had our wedding in a small parish with about 30 people. No noise, no crowd. All we needed then was peace and serenity. We didn't even want people to be up to that, but we can't just cut the family away.

My baby was the only one on the bridal train aside from my best lady and best man. The wedding service which was followed by the reception had taken almost 4 hours and we didn't even realize it. The excitement on my parent's face know no bound as I know that they also had their fears that due to all that has happened, I might not see a man that will accept me for who I am.

"I don't know why my friend, pastor Tunde isn't here. He promised he would come for the wedding but I haven't seen him" I saw the worry on my husband's face but I told him he might still show up since we still have about 2 items left on the program.

Someone unfamiliar in green buba and trouser is seen walking into the hall. The hall we used was small and it was so easy to see everyone that is coming in and going out.

"Oh finally he is here, I can't wait to introduce you both to each other".

Watch out for what next?


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...