Saturday 6 June 2020

FOLA Season 2, Episode 6


Season 2, Episode 6

"What's that, feel free to tell me anything" I asked out of curiosity.

James narrated how much he has been disappointed by ladies over time. He is a bookworm with a partial boring life. It was because he is the type that seems gentle but talks when he is with people he is comfortable with.

I remembered how his parents forced him back then to at least join the choir and that's where I first got talking to James. He is cute and I still laugh when I remember how some of the female choir members were fighting over who James loved the most and all of that.

Maybe because I am the talking type back then that was why I was able to always keep the relationship going and I don't find James boring, he is also my specification, I can't say maybe he still is but I know there is this element of love that never dies in us.

"I think you need to run a DNA test to be sure of who your real father is, at least so that this whole thing can get sorted" James said as he held my hands.

It didn't even occur to me that there is anything we can do to be sure who my true father was. I saw sense in the idea James brought up and I promised to come back with my parents for the test after dad has fully recovered.

I was only wondering if we may need to contact Gabriel to carry any test on him for this purpose.
James assured me that it will be done, but that we should let daddy rest here for a week so as to fully recover and carry out the test.

James checked the time and he picked a file from his table and signed it. He walked to the reception and handed over the file to one of the nurses. 

"Don't worry about their other bills, I will pay for it." James told one of the nurses at the counter. My mother was so excited and thanked James for everything he has done so far.

Two days later, I still haven't heard from my husband to be and I was getting more angry because people that are not even related to us have been coming here nonstop to check on my father.

The doctor has taken all the necessary samples for the DNA tests. Mr Gabriel too was invited over though it took so much of persuasion before we could get him to come and do the test. He was so sure that I am his daughter because everyone believed my father had a low sperm count. 

I remembered when I was 8 years old, I know I've seen Mr Gabriel before but I couldn't place the face when he showed up during the wedding. I know of one afternoon that I came back from school and met him and mom arguing but I thought he was one of the customers cause I remember my mom saying with all emphasis "let bygone be bygone and don't dare make any drama out of this". I remembered asking my mum but never mind was all she said that day.

Finally, It was one week already and my father was discharged that evening around past 5pm. We were still wondering how we were going to get home, James had promised to take me and my parents home. He went to his office to bring his car keys while my parents and I walked towards the open space close to the hospital car park.

"Sorry dear that I haven't been here with you all along, so much is going on at my place too" Josh said as he rushed into the hospital compound. 

A part of me was angry that he was just coming since all this while. I couldn't hide my anger but he already knew my password, he started calling me sweet names, I didn't know when I started smiling. 

He opened the door for my father and my mom entered the back of the black Toyota car with dad as well. 

Hold on a minute, I think you need to meet my old friend. I wasn't done talking before James also walked down  to where we were standing. 

I introduced them both to each other as James stretched his hand to greet Josh.

"It's nice meeting you as well," Josh said to James. 

We entered the car and started driving home. Everywhere was quiet and the only sound was the music from the car stereo. 

Josh knew how much I loved music and he was playing one of my old classical albums but everything that has happened in a space of one week was just playing in my head. 

I had wanted to go to where Josh's family were lodging but mother insisted that if this young man really loved me, he would reach out and look for me.

Maybe God is also giving me other eye opening signs that I need to pay attention to. In a minute, I was already overthinking and everything in my head started comparing the Josh I met that said he will cross the ocean for me, the man that gave me his words that he will accept and love me till the end of time.

What could have kept him away for that long that he didn't even come around for once to see me or my parents at the hospital till the day dad was discharged.

"Dear... dear" Josh called me back because I was already lost in thought. I apologise that I was just having too much going on in my head at the moment.

We got home that evening, people rallied round to assist with the food basket and other small packs we brought back from the hospital. 

"I will wait for you, I still have the whole day to myself" Josh said as I made my way to the house to shower and change my clothes. It feels relieving to be back home and I won't have to have any hospital smell around me any longer... The hospital smell sometimes wants to make me throw up, only God knew how I was able to survive all through that time.

I changed my cloth to a simple free gown and joined Josh in his car. I apologised for taking so much time. He held my hands and told me it's nothing really.

"I have something to tell you" Josh had said and I told him "same here but you go first".

He asked to be sure if I wanted him to talk first or if I will talk first. I insisted that he should talk first and he agreed. 

What does he have to say?
Watch out for the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...