Wednesday 2 December 2020

BUT Episode 11

 Episode 11



Selina cleared her  throat, as she took a sip of her drink. Her mouth was dry from too much talking. 


"My dad was one of the Board of Directors of Royal Mill"


"Wait, you mean your dad is Dr. Benson James? Wow! I am just connecting the surname to yours now oo, it didn't even occur to me at all" Deborah said in shock.


"Yes, he is my dad. Back then, my dad was based in the UK and only came home once a year and that was in december. "


"Remember we are 2, myself and Jerry the baby of the house. My brother was over pampered and there was virtually nothing he asked that my parents didn't give him. Maybe because they gave birth to him 7 years after they had me or because he is a boy, but for whatever reasons,  he enjoyed the goodies." 


"We attended the best school in town. I don't know why  my dad didn't allow us attend the staff school like every other staff children. He insisted that my brother and I attend Best Brain College."


"Excuse me ma(s), do you still care for anything else?" The waitress interrupted.


"Give me pie with Pepsi." Deborah requested.


"You and pepsi are like state and capital."  Selina mocked Deborah.


"Na you sabi oo" Deborah rolled her eyes as she ignored the mockery.


"Best Brain college is a really big school. We always see their students in their glowing white over rall uniform, whenever the school bus comes to drop them at their junctions." Beatrice added. 


"You mean your area  also  isn't far from mine?" Selina asked 


"Hellen Avenue, police station roundabout" Beatrice said


"That's my area too.  The street  was actually named after my mother, because we were the first to move to that area when it was just developing." Selina added. 


"Are you for real right now?"  Beatrice added 


"The way you people are passing this to yourself will keep us longer here oo, oya go straight to what happened please." Deborah cuts in.


"Aunty Debo, no chill at all. You sha took your time to tell us yours." Selina reacted but Deborah ignored as she munched her pie.


"Anyways,  dad bought the company and he started operating as a one man business. He didn't employ any old staff as they initially planned.


"One afternoon, the unexpected happened."


Watch out for what next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...