Monday 21 December 2020

BUT Episode 30

 Episode  30

(Finale)



"Alright, I will make it brief. Remember that guy that gave us a ride from the market that day?" Selina started. 


"Yes, yes. We remember him.  What's up with him?" Deborah asked.


"We have been talking for a while now and I find him cool, calm and collected. He is always trying to follow up all my activities here in camp and..." 


"... and now we know why you dont have our time again." Deborah cut in jokingly. 


"Nooo now,  it's  not like that. Well it seems he wants more than friendship. Although our plans align and we're  kind of compatible and all.  In fact, he is telling me he can't wait for NYSC to be over so he can make it official." Selina rounded up.


"Don't let your feelings alone lead you. Allow God to lead you o" Beatrice said.


"Yes yes, I sure will. Thank you sisi" Selina said. 


Deborah took it up and shared her experience


"For me, I met this young man in church after one of the services. His name is Chris Obinna and he works with the bank. I didn't want him to see me as being after his money when I am not. I declined severally, then one day I told him I would pray about it. He gave me the go ahead and I was convinced that he is the one, guess what?


"What?" Selina and Beatrice shouted. 


"I'm meeting his parents this coming weekend." Deborah rounded up.


"Congratulations, I'm so happy for you." Beatrice said.


"Oya oya, wedding bells." Selina said.


"What about you Beatrice?" Deborah asked. 


"Mine? My story is a bit different, maybe complicated." Beatrice said.


"You can share with us, what's the matter?" Selina asked. 


"Alright then, 3 different people were on my case. The first lied that he is single but I later found out that he has a kid and a wife abroad. The second one has anger issue and he can crash the whole house down when he is angry. The last guy, I was so open and i told him about my past, he said no man would want to marry a woman without womb, see let's talk about something else" Beatrice said and they could feel her pain. 


They tried to console her and that was how the conversation ended that day. A year later, Selina got married and she relocated with her husband, while Deborah got married as well.


"Hello sisters, I'm getting married next month" Beatrice said with all excitement. 


"Tell us. Who is the lucky man?" 


"You know, I wold pray and pray and think.  There were days when I was so  depressed and would ask why my story is always different, but one day, God sent me an angel in human flesh. His name is Ayanfeoluwa Adesina..."


"The C.E.O of Ayanfe Motors?" Selina cuts in?


"Well, yes he is the one" Beatrice said as they all screamed on the phone. 

"When I told him about the womb thing, we went to his family doctor and they said nothing was wrong. Its either I was diagnosed wrongly or maybe miracle happened on the long run" Beatrice concluded. 


They all planned to meet at the wedding so they can do their girls talk again and do a partial reunion before going back.


Despite the BUT in everyone's story, they all come out of it with testimonies


I will leave you with this message in Isaiah 40:31 


"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint"


The END


What have you learnt?

Are you blessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...