Sunday 6 December 2020

BUT Episode 15

 Episode 15.



"Fear and confusion was written on everyone's faces ,with the  way my uncle was confidently saying that it's time to let the world know what they cooked that got  the house burnt."


"But what exactly happened?" Beatrice asked, to clear her confusion as well.


"He said that since they were young, grandma would always choose my dad over him, because he is better, smarter and even finer. Many times when they got back from school with their results, my dad would always come top and get the love of their parents. My dad was regarded as the good son who always made them proud, but as for him, he was less appreciated. So since then, the anger and resentment had been building against my dad." Selina said.


"Shuu, that's not enough reason to kill one's brother na" Deborah said


"Don't say that oo, if you have ever been in that shoe, you will relate better. I will tell you why later sha." Beatrice added.


"I'm surprised oo, but  anyways, the heart of man can be desperately wicked." Deborah concluded.


"Continue what you were saying dear." Beatrice said.


"All along, my dad had been  dealing with my uncle with the purest of intentions. Whenever my dad wanted to do anything, he always involved him and sought his opinion. Funnily, he(my uncle) would give his perfect opinions and advice, unknown to us that he had ulterior motives."


"The part that broke my mother was when my uncle mentioned how he and my dad went to a juju man to back up my dad's riches. He mentioned that the herbalist said the glory that is attached to my dad is much but he may not live long. He told them to do some rituals and carry sacrifices to reverse the ill fate.  My uncle supported my dad all through the process, with the intention that when things get better, my dad will give him his own cut, but somehow, he felt my father wasn't doing enough, so he started resenting my dad." 


"My uncle opened up about everything to the very least, even to the part that he was the one who named the company Bright and Sharp Consultancy. He told us how my dad neglected renewing his rituals and how the herbalist tormented  him severally. His only saving grace was that the herbalist died 3 years later."


"But wait, we heard that the company later folded up na? Or is it not the same Bright and Sharp?" Beatrice asked. 


"I will come back to that. So much happened at the same time and it was such a big blow for the family." Selina said and continued. 


"Ever since then, my uncle had been looking for a way to take revenge on his brother and that was why he sent the guy to burn down the building and kill him. unfortunately, he didn't succeed."


"My father wanted to deny everything but it was too late. Immediately, he was handcuffed and locked in detention. Also, the police began an investigation into my father's wealth, company and finance."


"My uncle was charged to court and later sent to the prison after he was found guilty. My father was released but kept under  restrictions, while the police continued their investigation on him.  The staffs of the company was paid  and laid off thereafter." 


"My father's properties within the state were seized and he couldn't afford to travel back that year. We could no longer attend  Best Brain College because of our financial state. In fact, if not that my mother is foresighted and good at managing resources, we would have been completely broke. Fortunately, she was into some investments and contributions, which kept us going,  plus a poultry business on the side." 


"My dad was suspended from all church duties and involvements in no time. The church does not like to be involved in any scandal, because they value the name and image of the church over anything. However, a few close family members and friends rallied round and encouraged my parents."


"By the end January the following year, we moved to another town close by and started over gradually. The whole thing affected my father, but  thanks to my mother, who  stayed with him through those trying times. She was strong enough to pull my father together and we started building everything up little by little. She was there emotionally, spiritually and even mentally."


"Dad rededicated his life to Christ. He renewed his love to God and to his family. It was in the new town we moved to that I continued and completed my secondary education. I was one of the best students and that was one of the reasons my education seemed fast  and I started university education at 16. I am glad we are done now."


"My brother is even smarter and better than I am. He is now in 200 level at the age of 16, as he got double promotion twice before the end of his secondary school education."


"Wow, everyone with their own story. It is so amazing how we can be down today and up tomorrow." Deborah said.


"God of second chance. He is ever faithful and merciful." Beatrice added.


"That's right and I hope we can hear from Beatrice too. Oya tell us your own  story too na." Selina added. 


As Beatrice was about talking, a young unfamiliar face walked into the eatery and began walking towards their table.


Watch out for the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...