Monday 7 December 2020

BUT Episode 16

 Episode 16.



The young man wore a round necked black polo on blue Jean trousers with white sneakers and a brass wristwatch.


The man was heading towards their table initially, but later turned to the waiter's side. They were still trying to recover from Selina's story, but they were also eager to listen to Beatrice's story as well.


Few minutes later, the waiter walked down to their table and told them what the young man did.


"What? What for?" Deborah shouted.


"All I know is that he said everything you  ordered, has paid for and you don't have to pay" the waiter concluded as he walked to other tables to tidy up.


"Why will a stranger we don't know from Adam pay for everything we bought?" Deborah asked worried. 


When they found no answers, they shrugged it off and concluded he may be interested in one of them, or he probably knows one of them somehow or for other reasons best known to him. 


"Where did we stop sef?" Beatrice asked. 


"You haven't started at all, we are waiting for your own story jor" Selina said.


"Well well well... my story may be a bit long but I will try to summarize it sha" Beatrice added. 


"Go ahead, I think we have all day to ourselves." Deborah said. 


"As you all know, my name is Beatrice Ali and I am the first child of five. My parents converted to Christianity before we were given birth to, I mean me and my younger siblings. The conversion created  lot of problems for them. They were threatened severely and given several warnings." 


"As we grew, my dad became so fervent in his walk with God and when I was 13, we moved into this town. In no time, dad looked around for a bible believing church. We all started attending Gospel Light Tabernacle, one of the popular churches around here."


"Yes I know the church, they have branches all over the place" Selina added.


"Dad was working at the ministry of education at the time, so he requested to be transferred to this town when we relocated. It was quite stressful but he was able to move past it and God saw him through the process."


"Mom was able to get a teaching job in a private school not far from home,  while dad decided to move into full time ministry as his retirement was getting closer. Dad was also the head of the evangelism department in church."


"Dad  was very generous. He would buy us goodies when coming home from work. From ice cream to pie, chocolates and so on. He made sure he never came home empty handed. There was a day he bought us this specied suya, it was so delicious that it felt like it shouldn't finish. Every Friday, he would close early and  take us all out to enjoy ourselves to the fullest."


"I was in Senior class 1 and there is this 2 years interval between each of us while the last born happened to be a set of twins. My immediate younger brother Samson, my younger sister Binta and the twins, you get it now right?" She asked and they affirmed that they understood.


" My family was such a loving one. There was  a way my parents acted that makes one desire marriage. Their relationship was so adorable and fun filled.  You won't belive what my dad does every Sunday morning"? Beatrice asked.


"You all know I am bad at guessing." Deborah said.


"Maybe he played gospel music to wake you people from sleep every morning, just like one of our neighbours in the past." Selina added.


"You see, every Sunday morning, regardless of what we wanted to eat, dad would wake up as early as 5am to start the cooking and made sure it was ready before going to have his bath and get ready for church. Mom would be attending to other things like ironing and bathing the twins, while I would bath both Sam and Binta."


"Wow, that's so lovely." Deborah said with excitement. 


"Awwn, this kind love ehn." Selina added.


"It was another Sunday. Mom woke up having a strange feeling, but she couldn't explain how she felt or why she felt that way. However, she managed to get herself up for church."


"so why was she feeling strange, hope nothing bad happened to her?" Deborah asked. 


" No no, not at all" Beatrice said.


"Hello ladies, you all look great...don't bother about the pay, I got you covered" The unfamiliar anonymous guy said as he flaunted his car keys and signal peace out to them, he walked out of the eatery. Selina hissed!

What happened next?

Find out in the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...