Thursday 10 December 2020

BUT Episode 19

 Episode 19.



"My mother's friend, Aunty Leah as we fondly called her, showed up one afternoon to advise my mother. My mother had been trying to figure out so many things on her own, in order to avoid having any conflict or fight with my father. You won't believe that there was a time my daddy told mum point blank that she should not allow the devil use her to destroy his ministerial work and that he is ready to pull down anyone who would not give him the peace of mind he needs."


"Your dad said all that? Wow! That's serious. " Selina interrupted. 


"So, what advice did Aunty Leah say?" Deborah asked. 


"She advised my mother to send me and my siblings to the boarding house, so we can stay  focused on our studies, away from the turbulence at home. Maybe when it is now my mom and dad alone, he will see the need to start paying attention to my mother."


"The advice sounds like a good one to me though." Deborah said.


"At least all of you will be out of the drama and he can now feed his other sheeps very well." Selina said.


They all bursted into laughter.


"But wait, did mom follow the advise?" Deborah asked.



"Mummy rejected the idea initially, because of money. Secondly, she was used to having us around to keep her company, so leaving us was difficult for her. Also,  She  felt bad that she wasn't going to be fully part of our lives. It wasn't easy, but she needed to do what she had to do."


"Mum's friend had been single for a long while.  She had always been a career woman who doesn't rate marriage at all. She had her money and she was ready to adopt if at the end, she doesn't find a man who matches her taste. That's even the major reason we call her aunty instead of calling her by her children's name. Aunty Leah offered to help us with our education. She paid the larger part of the  bills,  about 90% of what we needed,  and my mom  covered for the remaining 10%."


"Awwn that's so kind of her." Selina said with all excitement.


"On getting to the new school.... We had to change school so that we can go to the one with boarding and day, the one we attend before is only day school. Getting to the new school, my siblings were admitted in their respective classes and their  hall of residence, but I had a little issue that broke my heart. I was told they don't admit new students directly into  senior class 3, so  I had to start from class 2 so that I can get along with the syllabus and produce a better result."


"I cried for days and the more I thought of going back to class 2, the more I hated  my dad. I became withdrawn in class and I didn't associate with my classmates. The female hostel for senior class 3 was a long hall with bunks. No privacy whatsoever,  only that junior students were not mixed with senior students. However, that didn't stop seniors from bullying the juniors."


"The first part of my stay in the school was hectic. It took me a while before I started grabbing anything. I was drained already and I was not even  ready to learn at all. On visiting days, mummy would come visting, bringing whatever she could afford, so that we don't feel left out and since we were all in the same school, it reduced the stress of going from one place to the other. The school is a little big and it is only a fence that demarcated the primary from secondary."


"One afternoon, something happened." Beatrice said.


"It better be something good o" Selina said.


"Lets hope so too." Deborah added. 


What happened?

Find out in the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...