Wednesday 16 December 2020

BUT Episode 25

Episode 25.



"Thank you sir, I left this eatery not long ago. I was about entering my work place, when I realized I had misplaced my ID card. I had to rush down here to check, only to meet these ladies here." Peter explained. 


"You didn't include that you are a rapist and..." Selina tried to bring in the past incident, but Peter cut in immediately.


"...and I have apologised that I messed up. I admitted it and I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to do what I did, it was the devil's work." Peter said.


"The devil is always responsible for every bad thing." Deborah said angerily and hissed.


"Young man, you almost ruined the tutorial centre. The centre was locked up for 6 good months. We tried all we could to find you but you ran away from your guardian's place and even from this State. When we couldn't find you, the centre was released to us after six months of futile search." the old man said.


"What!" Everyone shouted together in surprise.


"I am Dr Adebare, the owner of Success tutorial Centre" the old man said.


"Wow!" Beatrice said astonished. 


"What a coincidental moment!" Deborah added


"And a good time to arrest this rapist. I know he must have been doing it from one place to another." Selina said with contempt.


Peter wanted to run, but he realised that the more he runs, the more the shadow of his past keep hunting him where ever he goes. He immediately prostrated and began to beg both the old man and Beatrice for what had happened. 


"Sir, I am indeed sorry, i never intended to cause harm to your coaching centre. I am truly sorry for my deeds. It is very true that I wasn't in the state. I realized the gravity of what I did and I couldn't stay back to face the consequences of my actions, so I had to run far away. I am very sorry sir." Peter said kneeling and pleading. He turned to Beatrice who was still in shock, realizing that the old man is Dr Adebare.


"Beatrice, I'm sorry for the hurt I caused you years ago. Sincerely, if I can take back the hands of time I will. I regret my actions. I am very sorry Beatrice. Please, find a place in your heart to forgive me. Please I'm sorry." 


"That's how he will be forming apology. Who are you deceiving?" Selina said 


"I wonder oooo. See guy, we know your type." Deborah added.


"Beatrice, please, can you forgive me?" Peter begged.

Beatrice amidst tears handed over his ID card to him and sighed.

"Thinking about all you did and how much we do to God, he forgives us everytime we hurt him and that's what he also taught us. I forgive you." Beatrice said.


"Ah! You forgive me? Thank you so much Beatrice." Peter said excitedly.


"My friend may forgive you but justice will catch up with you someday and soon." Selina said angrily. 


"It's okay, let's just go. It's all over now." Beatrice said to Selina.


Peter wondered why she would forgive him just like that. A tear dropped from his eyes and he turned to Dr Adebare. "Dr sir, I am very sorry for what happened back then."


"Just as Beatrice said, we offend God and he forgives us. I hope you are a better man now?" Dr Adebare said and Peter nodded affirmatively and thanked him.


"Please ladies, I am sorry for everything. Here is my card, I hope we can still be friends again and this time around, I will love to right my wrong" Peter said as he handed over his card to Beatrice. He thanked them and walked away with Dr Adebare.


"I am going to Kingspark" Dr Adebare said.

"Oh! I'm going towards Kingspark area too sir." Peter said as he offered to drive the Doctor.


The ladies hugged as they bade one another farewell and went their different ways.

"Catch you guys later." Deborah said as she flagged down a taxi.


"Guy, it's 200 naira, you think say I be stranger for here?" Selina said as she negotiated transportation cost with the bike man.


 "Oya enter make we dey go." the bike man said. 


"Campus gate" Beatrice enters a keke-napep(tricycle). "Enter with your change oo, I no get change ooo." the keke driver said.


Beatrice got into the hostel, she flung her shoes across the room and made her way to the bed without even changing her cloth.


What happened next?

Find out in the next episode.

1 comment:

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...