Wednesday 15 July 2020

THE LEAP YEAR Ep 11

Episode 11.

Mr Yomi returned from the toilet as he apologised for the break.
"I may need to skip some part and rush the story so we can go to rest as tomorrow will be busy for everyone" he said.

"No.... No, we need to hear it to the end" one of the guys in the room had said. One way or the other, they already knew if he doesn't finish the story that night, they may all not get the chance to come back to the story or activities may not let them get the chance to have everyone around in that room.

There is a guy in cell 3 whose days were fewer than everyone else in the cell. He has served in the cell for almost 7 years already and that month actually marked the last month for him.
With all these factors surrounding them, no one want to really miss any part of the story.
Okay, I'll just continue. Mr Yomi said.

"As I mentioned earlier, one Saturday morning, dad had gone to church for briefing and Head of Units meeting. I guess by now you should know that mom will not be home since it's Saturday, we are already used to not having her around. 

Rose was alone in the house with my sister, I went to the field at the 3rd street after our street to play football. Though the field is at the 3rd Street but it's not far from the house because there's a shorter route as we don't have to pass through the main roads or streets just passing beside and behind people's houses will get us there in few minutes. The field was very large and guys always play there every Saturday morning. 

I have some of my friends from school too that always come there, as early as 8am the field was already packed full we all play together and when it's about 10am or latest 11am, everyone will start going back to their houses" only very few stay back till noon. Then we will return in the evening by 4pm. I don't get to join them often though I only steal out to play whenever dad isn't around. And that Saturday was one of the days I went out to play since dad wasn't home. 

"The lesson teacher was supposed to be at our house by 11am that Saturday to take myself and my sister but my sister needed the lesson more since she was going to be writing some of the GCExam from senior class 2 but I already have all my papers, it was only the university entrance exam that was delaying me. I am fond of entering the house without knocking and that day wasn't an exception, I was tired to be knocking or acting all official in my house".

"I opened the door to the sitting room, I found books on the rug scattered everywhere but I assumed that it was either my sister was reading there before and stepped into the room or maybe she just kept the books there in readiness for the supposed class with our lesson teacher".

"I didn't bother to go to my room, I wanted to see Rose to ask for my breakfast as I have left for the field that morning without eating and maybe if we can quickly have our moment as usual. Ever since she introduced me to everything, I am not sure there has been a break for too long, a week will not pass without us making out but my parents weren't even attentive or sensitive enough to observe all of this".

"I opened her room but I didn't find her there, I was wondering what may be wrong. My mind flashed back to how my dad had accident a while ago and the feeling of something bad might have happened that made everywhere quiet and rough at the same time. I rushed to the kitchen and found out that the food had been dished into my favourite warmer, I opened it and it was pap and akara. I wasn't expecting anything else as we know it was one of our Saturday's meal"

"I was hungry and I wanted to start eating straight away forgetting my search for Rose but I didn't know why I suddenly felt strange about how everywhere in the house was. I wanted to start screaming my sister's name but something asked me to be quiet and rather go check her up in her room. I moved from the kitchen to the dining room and dropped the warmer there while having one of the akara in my mouth"

"I opened my sister's room without knocking too and I found the shock of my life. Brother Andrew on the bed with my younger sister!"

"What? Brother Andrew, the lesson teacher?" One of the guys interrupted with a shock written all over him. 
He was half naked as his blue coloured T-shirt was on the floor as well as his trousers too. I didn't know when the akara that I was yet to swallow made its way out of my mouth. I wanted to shout but I couldn't find my voice.

"I can explain... I can explain... was what he was repeatedly saying but I was so angry and confused at the same time that I couldn't stand the sight of what I saw. I love my baby sister very much. It's a pity I couldn't protect her that much because of my insufficiency too. Our parents are never available to really know what we are going through."

"The only thing I could say that day to brother Andrew was that he should leave the house and never bother to come back because I may kill him if I ever set my eyes on him again especially in that house. I went close to my sister, I saw the naivety in her eyes, I saw fear and also shame written all over her".

"You won't tell dad right? I know you are disappointed in me and I know dad will be more disappointed in me as well... she pleaded with me but I was really lost on what to do about the matter. I wanted to erase that I ever saw our lesson teacher with my sister in bed, but the more I tried to fight it, the harder it gets" I didn't know whether to accept her plea or not. I just stared in confusion.

"The way that hunger I was coming with disappeared in a second, I couldn't explain how I got filled and lost appetite at the same time. I wanted to really know for how long they have been doing this but I also had fear of what If she had known all along that I do sneak into Rose's room almost everyday... Now what will happen? Will she report me to daddy too or will we both keep silence about all that has happened?" I was more confused.

"That moment, I just reconfirmed that we all have secrets we all are not telling. Rose met with brother Andrew on his way out and she was wondering why he had to leave that early when he hasn't even done anything for the day". She had no idea what was going on..

"There is something I want to say but before then can we make a deal?" 
This was the question my sister asked me and my heart skipped for a moment, my head had started over calculating everything.
"A deal??? What could it possibly be? What does she want? Can I accept this? Will I accept this?"... and many more questions where popping in my head.
"Before you will ask anything, let me ask you....for how long have you been doing this with bro Andrew? I asked my sister that morning but she only said to me that she won't say anything until I am ready to strike a deal with her". 

"A deal? What will now be the deal?" The captain asked.

What is it going to be?

Watch out for the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...