Wednesday 8 July 2020

THE LEAP YEAR Ep 4

Episode 4

You know that moment when you can't just assume or guess what might happen next? That's the exact way everyone was feeling as Mr Yomi shared his story.

They were all curious and same time happy. Cell 3 has never been this relatable. Thank God for the new guy who made Mr Yomi shared his story.

As busy as the captain in the room always seemed to be and everyone else too. They were all beginning to pay rapt attention to the story as it was getting more interesting and deeper.

Also an advantage they had for that day was that they were a bit free from all activities and they could choose to stay awake all night but staying awake all night won't be a totally good option as the warders will come very early in the morning knocking on each cell door. And they will all have to get up because defaulters or disobedient inmates will always be punished.

"Rose was with us alone that afternoon, he continued... it was about 8 months that she has joined the family. So far she was playing her roles well, my parents didn't see a reason to doubt her or anything she does. My mother already trusted her so much that she doesn't even go to the kitchen at all to check out what she was doing?"

"My mother is a boss lady that can always get away with anything or command anyone to do anything for her at any given time. It was still a bit better in the time of our first maid. That time mom will still be the one to serve dad but now, everything is in the care of Rose"

"Dad left home very early that morning so he could catch up with his flight to Abuja for a business meeting and to close a contract deal while mom left the house without much words. As at this time, mother has stopped following us to church as the only time she had to rest was on Sunday after the busy weekend"

"All her attitude was already affecting dad but his business has being the biggest distraction for him not to feel the space that much. Dad had tried his best possible to make things work out but all to no avail now he has left everything to God himself to come and work on my mother's heart".

"Come here, where is your sister? Rose said to me that afternoon, and as I'm talking with you tonight, her voice is still ringing in my head. She asked me to come to her room that she had something to show me. I followed her without thinking twice".

What would I even think? Small me? I was very much innocent. I was barely 10 years old.

"Our house was a big one, she has her own separate room, dad's room was different from mom's room and mine isn't same with that of my sister too. There was also a small room close to the dining where we do have the family worship. My father doesn't joke with family worship as busy as he was". 

"Rose invited me to her room and when I entered, she told me that being a man starts from age 10 and that it wasn't a big deal in her state, she told me how much the society expects from men and how they must be strong, she talked and talked and kept talking till I was sleepy but I found it rude to tell an elderly person to shut up, the one that was most painful was the inability to walk out on them due to the respect you have for them".

"My baby sister was sleeping at that moment and the whole house was quiet a bit aside the neighbour's dog that couldn't stop barking at intervals. I didn't understand all she was saying. I kept looking still at her. She drew my trousers down and started caressing me but I had no clue of what she was doing.

"I couldn't say I enjoyed it but I knew everything was strange and feels so weird but since there was no one to talk to or ask about it. I was 10. I kept silent."

The captain shouted Ah! "10 years old boy, that's way too young, that lady is evil" 

"This kept on going for 3 years and I was already used to the molestation and all the escapade that Rose introduced me to. My parents were getting busier day by day and the business was blooming making dad to be away more often than usual"

"I overheard dad talking to mom during one of their late night talks about how she should try and be more available for us since he was trying to be out there so as to make more money and keep us all in a comfortable stress-free life but mom didn't even see a truth in what daddy said. She concluded that we're big enough and moreso we have Rose with us all day.

"But Rose is not their mother" Dad thundered. Please spare me that, so, I should become a nanny all over again because I have children?? Please and please enough of this talk my children are doing just fine can't you see how healthy they look? Moreso, if you feel there's any drawback you can step in or are you not their father again? She retorted and walked out of the room.

"Almost every night, once we are done with our evening devotions, I sneak to Rose's room. I am always waiting for the devotions to end quickly so I can go to her. I hardly pray but keep looking at the time.

Mom on the other hand had long lost her spiritual sense. I can't count the number of times mom had missed the night devotions as she was always coming home late and tired. On few occasions that she joined us, she was always half way sleeping and half way awake. There were times when we already ended the prayer, but she will remain on her knees until dad screams in Jesus name we pray in her ears then she'll start saying Amen Amen repeatedly. It was obvious she was long gone in sleep.

"The days kept on moving with different new lessons from Rose and yet my parents wasn't noticing the closeness between us at all, they were not even sensitive to have noticed that something was going on under their roof"

"After the devotions one night, I tiptoed to her room as usual, she will always put on a transparent night gown that reveals her body. She always looked so catchy that anyone who sees her fair skin through the cloth won't be able to resist her"

"To save time, I always made sure I sleep with only my short on so I won't be stressing myself pulling up cloth when I get to her room and that night wasn't different, I was on a short without a shirt"

"I got in and we started playing and talking, she pushed me to the bed and started tickling me, I tried my best possible not to make any loud sound since everyone was at home".

"About Five minutes later, there was a knock on her door"

Who was at the door?

Watch out for the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...