Thursday 9 July 2020

THE LEAP YEAR Ep 5

Episode 5

"A knock? who could it be?" One of the guys interrupted and everyone drew closer to know what happened.

Mr Yomi wanted to stop talking after checking the time knowing well that it's late already and everyone was expected to be sleeping by 11pm.  
The light out is 11pm and this day was a Saturday. Every Sunday, there was always a fellowship in the prison.

Sometimes, people are sent from different churches to come and share the word of hope as well as pray with them. This tradition has been on going for several years. And it was really good and helpful.

They had to wake up early do the little clean up and prepare for the fellowship. So, he was thinking of stopping since it was already late so they could catch a little sleep before dawn.

"No, continue Mr, we are enjoying you" the captain said. 
"Yes! please go on...." Others replied.
As long as the instruction was coming from the captain, it was enough excuse to give for not sleeping when the warders come around to check.

"As I said earlier, it was just 5 minutes into all the play and tickling when we heard a knock on the door. I was scared so much that I wasn't even thinking of the way out. Rose's room was not as big as other rooms which made her room to have just one window and one door,  not like my sister's room that has a door leading to the parlor and another leading to the store room and my own room has a door leading to the dining and the other to the laundry room" 

"The knock came again and this time we knew the game was up. It was over. I was silently praying and wishing it was just wind that was touching the door and not human" Mr Yomi smiled and continued. 

"I was analyzing who it could be in my mind,  my father must not meet me there, it will result to so many punishments that will not only affect me but Rose too but it couldn't have been my mom, I thought further.. she doesn't even move her body when she sleeps, that's how tired she can be. And my little sister too, must be fast asleep by now. Who could it be?

"But who could it be?" Someone repeated after him. 

"I was already thinking if it was my sister, we can tease her and paint the story to be like she was sleep walking and couldn't know where she was going or what she saw. 

Rose suggested that I hide inside her wardrobe, she opened the wardrobe and quickly pushed me inside, she covered with more cloth as well. I couldn't breath so well under those cloth and almost half of the clothes were sweaty dirty clothes she had planned to wash by weekend"
I wonder why she kept them in the wardrobe anyway.

"I was there choking with smell and was also running out of breath. Rose finally summoned the courage to go to the door. I couldn't see the person since I was hiding inside the wardrobe but I could hear Rose telling the person that she thought the person wouldn't come that night again" 

Ah! "I tried to open the wardrobe to see who the person was but it was quite difficult because it was dark already and the light in her room was off. We could only see the rays of light flashing through the window from outside"

"Our compound was a very big one, my father built a 2-bedroom flat behind our house, same compound for some of the staffs working in our house". I could hear the person inside the room telling Rose that he is taking his turn that night and it will be fun all through. "Have you set the alarm? Remember I have to be awake on time before I will get caught".

"I was inside there still calculating in my head what may be going on and how I will survive the rest of the night inside the smelly wardrobe that I was hiding".

"I never knew time had gone, I was already feeling sleepy and dizzy, I was beginning to feel uneasy and felt like throwing up too. I knew if I come out, what has been going on with me and Rose would be known. As much as I hated what I was introduced to at 10, I was naive then but then, I was already enjoying it so much that I almost couldn't go a night without a touch here and there".

"I didn't know when my eyes began to close and I mistakenly dozed off, it was when I hit my head on the plank that was used to demarcate the wardrobe that I quickly opened my eyes"
"The man in the room asked,  what's that sound coming from your wardrobe? 
Rose was smart enough to convince him that there was nothing and that it might just be the plank that was stretching"

"Waoh! That was the first time in my life I will hear that plank do stretch. I wanted to laugh but I had to cover my mouth with one of her gowns. She was able to make him ignore every sound and any form of distraction.
"Not long after, I hit my head on the plank again and this time around, it was louder than the first time, this was an evidence that the plank wasn't stretching but that someone was inside the wardrobe".

"You know one thing about lying is that, when you say one, you will keep looking for one more to cover the first one, she was able to convince him again, my heart skipped faster thinking the man in the room will come to the wardrobe and open it. 

This third time, I was already deep in sleep that I didn't know when i fell on the door of the wardrobe, it was when I landed on the floor I woke up, and then I realised I was out of the wardrobe finally.

"Yomi, what are you doing here? The man said. 

"Who's the man?" Someone asked and another replied "We don't know yet".

Who is the man?
Watch out for the next episode

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...