Sunday 12 July 2020

THE LEAP YEAR Ep 8

Episode 8.

"Well done guys" the captain entered with his assistant. They were ready to listen to the story as everyone wants to know what and what had happened and how he ended up in the cell.

"That morning, the door was opened and we were wondering who it could have been, I was already calculating how to hide in case its someone that must not see us together" Mr Yomi cleared his throat as he continued.

"Dele, the gardener was the one that rushed in saying that dad sent someone from church to bring a document that has some report and receipt of church related matters for him. Rose quickly moved out to help with the search for the documents and handed it to Dele who left immediately".

"That was a second narrow escape of me almost getting caught with Rose but you know, addiction is one of the hardest thing to get over. It takes grace, I mean extra grace"

"I remember one weekend dad was away for men's prayer in church. Mom came home that night drunk. I was angry and sad at the same time, I was angrier getting to see mom being dropped home by an unknown man"

"What will a married woman be doing with another man, at that time of the night? I was beginning to dislike my mother. Or maybe not beginning but an hatred for her was beginning to build up. 

"I will come back and talk about that unknown man but you wont believe that mom threw up at our sitting room that night, she had taken too much of the drink that actually made her throw up. Few minutes after, she fell on the sofa at the sitting room and she slept off"

I was about picking a fight with her but when I realized it will yield no fruit I just retreated.
Someone that was drunk and even unconscious of her environment, what can I possibly say that she will hear. I left for my room.

"My sister has been distant from everyone in the house even me and we didn't even have an idea of whatever she might have been battling with or going through but we knew or rather I knew she was unusually quiet and not wanting to relate with anyone. Once she was done eating, she pick on her assignment and sleep after". 

"You haven't told us your younger sister's name and don't forget that unknown man too..." One of the guys interrupted.

"I am coming there, let me start with the man, the man has been keeping my mother company for over a year before that day that he followed her home. The man goes by the name Jimi, Jimi was one of the clients in our company. My mother is the co-founder of dad's company although she has a clothing line and boutique to her name too. She has been going out with him unknown to my busy father and she was already contemplating on switching to the man's church since she has long stopped going to church with us" 

"Mom woke up the following morning to ask what had happened but the shame couldn't let any of us talk. She wanted to know and insist we talk, alas Rose told her all that happened"
She didn't look remorseful, she just said Oh! she sighed and then carelessly said sorry about that and straight way she left us.

"The only grace that weekend was the fact that dad didn't sleep home due to the men's prayers that he had to attend that Friday night" 
"I can't even tell my dad about what happened when he was away and it was looking like everyone in the house has something the next person must not hear, we kept on acting all good"

"3 years down the lane, I was already in senior secondary class 3 and I was preparing for my final secondary school exams and the government exams too. Aside the fact that school organised classes for us, my parents didn't stop changing our lesson teacher. 

My mother being the type that was hard to satisfy when it comes to some certain things.
"She could sack any staff at any slight provocation which makes people to prefer my calm father to her both at work and in church back then.

"Oh, I almost forgot. My baby sister.
"My sister's name is Yinka Cole and she was 14 while I was 16 years as at the time I was in senior class 3, she was in senior class 1.
When you talk of brilliancy, you'd call her name first before mine. She was extra ordinarily intelligent, wise and sharp. She always come top in her class. Her average performance has never gone below 75%. 

I remembered when we were still much younger and close then. Anytime we engaged in a competition at home or a game she'll always beat me hands down. It was only at football I had an upper hand. She only enjoys watching football she's weird at kicking a ball but I always made her try playing. Well, she had to because she was my only playmate then. She was fast in learning but she couldn't catch all the skills of football. 
She had very many collection of books. So, it wasn't very surprising when she speaks. She's vast in knowledge too.

"Well, finally, a brother from the church agreed to be coming around to assist us with home lesson. At first it didn't seat well with my mother based on her anger and hatred for the church already, it took a while before she agreed to the brother coming around to take us"

"Brother Andrew was one of the calm and easy going brothers in church. He works at the church's school as a part time staff and also in some other schools in town. The church we attended also have a school but mom was against us going there so she opted for another private school" 

"Rose and I haven't stopped all we do together for about 6 years now, and I could say I was never going to stop because it has become a part of me. I see it to be a way of life already. If I'm not at Rose's room, I'll be in my room reading erotic novels and masturbating or reading magazines which I collected from my friend. I now have enough books and magazines that can be of help at any time".

"One afternoon, the unexpected happened" Mr Yomi said but a knock on the cell door interrupted them.

What happened?

Watch out for what next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...