Monday 13 September 2021

BROKEN MIRROR Ep 13

 Episode 13.



"Yes, you wanted to say something about the new person you met." the officer said. 


"Oh! Henry. Thank you sir." I said.


I was getting very weak because I had not eaten anything almost all day.


Henry is an orphan, so he stayed with his uncle who happened to be the pastor of one of the big churches in town. 


As at then, most of my classmates were already in relationships, that some cannot even count the number of boyfriends they have within and outside school.


Henry was very friendly and hospitable to me, so I began to feel emotionally connected to him. Unknown to me, he only wanted friendship, while I already concluded in my mind that he wanted a girlfriend, just like every one else.


Henry was in senior class 2, so I was nursing the thought of flaunting a boyfriend in senior class, also, from another school. Day by day, my friendship with Henry grew deeper. 


I found out that Henry was a christian, but only had the look of a bad boy. It was along the line he opened up to me that the holy spirit had been impressing it on his heart to come close to me and help me  out of the mess I am in.


The first day he mentioned Jesus to me, I was  very angry. I wasn't angry because he mentioned Jesus, but I just didn't want to be cramped with any spiritual talk. 


"Please I want to enjoy my freedom and enjoy life" I said to him during one of our conversations when he wouldn't let me be.


"Whoever the son sets free is the one who is free indeed. You can only have a better life in Christ Jesus." He said so many things that day, but my mind was made up to continue faking christianity at home and living wild outside.


Aunty Mimi and my dad had now gotten so deep that they didn't even mind being caught. Dad even went as far as changing her wardrobe to make sure she dresses well. 


Sometimes, i just wonder what kind of parents I have. They go to church, get involved in so many activities, but are not genuinely born again. 


I know I am not in the position to judge, but obviously, they cared more about their work for God than their walk with God. That was  why my mother lacked the discernment to know that there was a crack in the wall of our family. 


Despite that dad was deeply involved with aunty Mimie, he would still force me into his room sometimes. If I refuse, he would  either lure me or threaten to stop all his fatherly responsibilities towards me, then i'd have no choice than to give in. 


I had wanted to revenge by exposing to my mom, all my dad had been doing to me and affirm that dad truly molested my cousins; Bukola and Busayo, but mom who was always busy wouldn't even have time for any rant or report. 


The session was over and we all went on the long vacation.That was another opportunity for me to hang out with my cliques. 


Since Henry's school wasn't far from mine, he intentionally told his uncle that he would like to have his summer lesson in my school and his uncle agreed. 


"There is a way that seem right to a man but the end thereof are the ways of death." Henry warned me again one day when he saw me and my clique bullying some junior students.


Deep down, I knew I didn't choose to be like this and I didn't know how to feel about the way my life was headed.


I got home from summer class one evening to meet a surprise.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...