Monday 6 September 2021

BROKEN MIRROR Ep 6

 Episode 6 




"God has been laying it on my mind for sometime now to take this decision." My father started that morning during the devotion.


Though I was too young to make any contribution, but since my parents consult God for every decision, I believed whatever dad had to say that morning.


"What is it, what is God saying?" my mother interrupted.


"You remember that real estate business I want to venture into?" My father said, trying to remind my mother.


I had no clue what he was talking about, because he has not mentioned it to me before this time.


"Yes yes yes... I remember... " my mother snapped her fingers. " But what about it?" she asked.


"I am quitting my job to focus on it, so i can  have more time for the family." he concluded. 


It was mixed feelings for mom. She was happy that dad was finally starting the business they've once talked and prayed about, but she felt uncertain of what the future held for this new path.


My little self was excited as well, that I will be able to brag to my friends that my dad owns a company. Bukola too was happy that there was progress in the family.


Dad became more available while mom continued with her work and trips. Things began to move smoothly in the house and everyday came with different surprises and gifts.


Some weeks later, mommy came back from work excited.

"What is this excitement about? Tell us... let's know what's happening" daddy said  and I joined him, shouting "tell us... tell us..."


She dipped her hand into her big hand bag and handed a letter to my dad.


"What's here oo?" Dad asked. 


"Open it, open it first" mom added.


"What? Promotion letter." my dad jumped from his resting chair and started dancing. Mom joined him and we all started dancing, including Bukola.


It was such a joyful day for the family. We were so excited and grateful that everything was going on smoothly and mommy went all out to celebrate the good news for us. 


"I stopped by at the eatery and bought us dinner. Bukola carry that blue plastic bag and bring out the items." Mother said and in no time, we quickly unpacked the goodies and food in the bag.


We quickly settled at the dinning to devour the delicious delicacies before us. We ate to our fill and enjoyed ourselves to the max.


"Have you done your assignment?" Mum almost ruined the fun for me as she asked about my assignment. 


"Aunty Bukola has helped me with it" I said with chicken bone hanging in my mouth.


After we had eaten to our fill, we had the family devotion and everyone went to their rooms.


Mom was doing well at her job, with increased pay and dad's business was yielding greatly too. He met with investors and business associates and sealed a lot of contracts. The good thing about dad's work schedule was that no matter how long, short or important a meeting was, he would always return home before we got back from school.  


One Saturday evening there was a knock on the door. We know we rarely have visitors, because everyone already got accustomed to my parents work life and schedule. 


Who could be knocking?


"Check through the door hole to know" mom said, as she had warned us before that whenever we hear a knock, we should always use the door hole to confirm the person. Checking through the window will be obvious and the person outside can easily see the movement of the curtain. 


"I am not sure I have seen the face before" I said and mom asked me to leave the door.


"Who's this person?" My mother said as she stood up to open the door.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...