Wednesday 15 September 2021

BROKEN MIRROR Ep 15


Episode 15.
(Finale)



I never knew that there was a development on- going in the house, until that afternoon that I saw everyone packing their bags and baggages.

My parents paid aunty Mimi a huge sum of money to go and establish herself that her services are no longer needed. She cried and begged to know if she had done something wrong, but they said nothing at all.She packed her bags and in no time, a taxi came to pick her.

"Dad, you still haven't told me what's going on." I asked, trying to figure out why we were packing and where to.

The first truck came and carried some of our luguages. From the chairs to the fridge, book shelves and other valuable items.

We spent over 5 hours packing. After the last truck packed the remaining items, we took off to our new house. The area was newly developed and the construction layout is just like our former place.

I was enrolled in a tutorial center so I can be well prepared for my exams, but it is rather unfortunate that I kept failing the exams. My parents would always remind me that they have enough money to keep enrolling me till I make them proud. 

My parents would rob the failures on my face.Most especially my mother who had never really been there for me.

"If you have read the way you are eating, you would have made the best result." my mother said during a family dinner. I was angry and couldn't continue with my food. I left the dinning table to my room and cried my eyes out.

I reached out to Henry again after a long time. Henry, was in his year 2 in the university. He told me I need God to help me and I need to retrace my steps to God. I became even more angry this time, because that was not what I wanted to hear.

One afternoon, dad had gone to his business meeting and mom had gone to work, so I was home alone. Somehow, I stumbled on a particular brown file in dad's locker. I saw some affidavits and other documents surrounding my birth.

That was how I discovered that the man I have been calling dad my whole life was never my dad. I became weak that I couldn't move my legs for 30minutes.

I quickly took the files, ran to a cafe close by to make copies of the documents and return it before they got back home.

I made copies for myself and kept them.I returned the file and acted like nothing happened.

I reached out to aunty Mimi to ask her if she knows anything about what I just found out and she said she was aware by mistake, that one of the days she was cleaning the house, she found the documents too.

I was very angry and was just pacing around the house. I went into the kitchen paced around and picked a knife to stab myself. I felt  very empty and full of rage, but I realised that stabbing myself will not mean much like stabbing them.

Just in time, dad came home. I quickly  hid behind the curtain and as he entered the house,  I stabbed him multiple times till he could no longer breathe. I put a call across to the police station and told them what had happened.

My mother came into the house and saw her husband in a pool of blood. She passed out immediately and I didn't bother to move to close to her.

That was what happened before the policemen came into the scene. I was charged to court, tried and sentenced to death. Fortunately for me, while on death row, grace found me.

I gave my life to God in the cell and that is why I am sharing my story with you all today, that God still gives people second chance, regardless of how bad or messed up their lives may be.

Eventhough you may be as a BROKEN MIRROR but you can still reflect Christ everywhere you go.

"Number 008, 023 and 057" the warder announced as we matched out to the field, where our eyes will be covered and we'll be made to die by hanging as pronounced by the court of law.

My name is Oluwatomiwa Becky Atolagbe.

The End

No matter how far you think you have gone, there is still hope for you again.

Job 14:7 For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.



List of stories by O'nezer
1. Pamilerin
2. The wedding reception
3. Last Sunday evening
4. End of the tunnel
5. Dark path
6. Adopted
7. Adebimpe
8. Facebook fiancé
9. Corper Wale
10. The wait
11. Lily
12. Shattered
13. Boomerang (story of brother bode)
14. Beyond the shade
15. Happy child with many sorrow
16. Sleevless
17. FOLA
18. The Leap Year
19. TANGLED
20. BUT
21. Thirty plus

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...