Thursday 2 September 2021

BROKEN MIRROR Ep 2

 Episode 2.



"I said why did you kill them?" the officer asked angrily again and I  wondered if shouting would get him an answer. 


For roughly an hour i had been there, i had not said a thing to any of them. 


"It's seems the only way to get any information from is to apply force or pressure" I heard one of them say from the entrance, but I pretended not to hear. 


"Don't worry, let oga himself go in. Maybe we will at least hear a word." another person suggested. Deep down, I was not sure I had the strength for any long talks, but the more silent I remain, the longer I stay in detention.


"Get back to your duty posts" someone comanded and i presume he  must be the D.P.O or a high ranking officer.


"Yes sir" they chorused and I heard the footsteps of someone coming closer to the dark room.


The room is very dark and the only window at my back is so small, that a 5-year old cannot pass through it. I wonder if they've ever considered how dark and stuffy the room is.


A lot of questions ran through my mind as I sat still, totally disconnected from the reality before me. Since I'm the only witness available, they either believe my truth or theirs. 


"I am SP  Gbadamosi" the man said with his Baritone voice.


"I was told you haven't said anything for the past one hour you have been brought in for questioning." he said and I nodded affirmatively. 


"What do you know about the deceased?" He asked, believing i would answer him, but I was not sure I was ready to talk. 


"Investigations has started and we need to know if you are innocent or guilty." he said. As he talked on, i sat there lost in thoughts.


My body was present, but my mind was far away. The handcuffs on my hands were beginning to  hurt, since they refused to uncuff me. 


"Can I get a bottle of water?" I asked. 


I could see the shock on his face. Not because I asked for water, but because I finally said something since I got to the station.


"Officer Alao" he called on one of the officers and in no time, the officer showed up.


"Yes sir!" 


"Get me a bottle of water."


"Yes sir!" 


The officer marched out to get the water.


"I hope this will make you talk, so we don't spend all day asking questions upon questions." he said. 


The officer entered with a bottle water and handed it to me.


My body needed water so badly and at least, they were kind enough to even offer me water. I had never been to the station and I didn't know how things were done. I opened the bottle and gulped the water. I felt refreshed and ready to talk.


"Okay..." I said


"Alright, I'm with you" he said as he adjusted his chair and drew closer to the table.


What does she has to say?



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...